Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

34 minutes ago, RTD said:

I hope you’ll fill the huge shoes of #19 it may be filled with a few players not just one. When TC lost Baines last year we had a few kids to step up. I hope we both can make it back to Semifinals on the creekbank next year and we can do this for a 3rd time and have another classic game. I thought you'll had Peabody but I think the champion will come from the east next season.

Have to wait and see about all that. Hopefully were due. Its been a while now.

10 hours ago, RTD said:

Oh, so Meigs have recently just become a powerhouse.

New coach in 14 turned it around in 16 and has great seasons in 17,18, and 19. 

2014 = 6-4

2015 = 4-6

2016 = 10-2

2017 = 12-1

2018 = 13-1

2019 = 13-2

Needless to say I like where were at. May not have won a championship this year , but wins are up, morale has been up for years, scholarship offers are definitely up and pretty sure the community is happy with what we have and where were at since the coaches came. Good to be part of Meigs County.

21 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Meigs has had a terrific run the past several seasons. I think they will be at least a quarterfinal team again next year. 

Not a bad observation / guess in my opinion. We have the talent to have another great season and great seasons for the next 5 years. That's as young as I've seen us to this point.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

2014 = 6-4

2015 = 4-6

2016 = 10-2

2017 = 12-1

2018 = 13-1

2019 = 13-2

Needless to say I like where were at. May not have won a championship this year , but wins are up, morale has been up for years, scholarship offers are definitely up and pretty sure the community is happy with what we have and where were at since the coaches came. Good to be part of Meigs County.

Not a bad observation / guess in my opinion. We have the talent to have another great season and great seasons for the next 5 years. That's as young as I've seen us to this point.

Looks like some great coaching. TC had same thing with Creasy and then the big boys started paying attention and made Creasy a offer he couldn’t refuse with a job at Oakland. That’s only thing about have great success at a lower classification is the bigger schools coming and offering your coach almost double the salary has happened to TC twice in past 4 years. But I love our coach  it all worked out in the end.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

2014 = 6-4

2015 = 4-6

2016 = 10-2

2017 = 12-1

2018 = 13-1

2019 = 13-2

How long will your coach stay around? I see he has a track record of kind of jumping around every 5-6 years. Now that Swafford is gone you think there is any chance he bolts and raids another program? It’s hard to keep good coaches at these smaller programs. 

30 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

How long will your coach stay around? I see he has a track record of kind of jumping around every 5-6 years. Now that Swafford is gone you think there is any chance he bolts and raids another program? It’s hard to keep good coaches at these smaller programs. 

Not really sure, I will tell ya if someone offered me a 30k a year raise I'd change jobs no doubt. I wont blame anyone for bettering themselves, but I do hope he sticks around.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

Looks like some great coaching. TC had same thing with Creasy and then the big boys started paying attention and made Creasy a offer he couldn’t refuse with a job at Oakland. That’s only thing about have great success at a lower classification is the bigger schools coming and offering your coach almost double the salary has happened to TC twice in past 4 years. But I love our coach  it all worked out in the end.

Once you have it, it will be hard to let go. Hope we dont have that happen, but if we do I'm sure we lured him here with something sweet. Also if it was to happen someone wont be taking over a dumpster fire it will be an established program already. Rebuilding is done.

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Not really sure, I will tell ya if someone offered me a 30k a year raise I'd change jobs no doubt. I wont blame anyone for bettering themselves, but I do hope he sticks around.

TC last coach got around a 40k-60k raise and everyone was upset that he left. But he went back to his home state and took a raise in money that is life-changing kind of the money he makes 120K a year now and all he has to do is coach, but in TC he was making 60K but he was also an athletic director and administrator. Like you said everyone has a price.