Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Spit it out.  :-)

Had just posted our game against Peabody. Doubt anyone would really want to watch it so i took it down. Lately I've been bored enough to watch any game though. Missing some football.

10 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

If Meigs can lose the Franchise type player they lost and be improved my hats off to you. 

Replacing our Franchise player as you mentioned will not be easy. Our returning Back will be a Senior and is tough as nails. Our up and coming Qb has been a starter since his Freshman year and is a tremendous athlete in every position I've seen him play. Will we be better ? I kinda doubt it as it's hard to be that good year in and year out. I can honestly say i dont believe we will be any worse though which says alot in itself. I'm sure people are tired of hearing me say it as I've posted it alot but we have good talent at the skill positions returning. If we have good blocking,  It wouldnt surprise me to have a good  playoff run this year again. Our first game will be a handful against Sweetwater. It made the Big Ones Contest this year. They are gonna use us as a measuring stick this year from what I'm told from one of their assistant coaches I am buddies with. It should be a dandy.

21 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I saw Meigs in person in 2018 vs Rockwood and 2019 vs Greenback, SP, and Peabody. I personally thought your 2018 team was slightly better. Just my opinion though. 

Very well rounded team that year. Our lineplay was probably better that year than in 19. I'd imagine that was the biggest difference. I personally believe our Line in 19 was the weakest we've fielded in a while but by years end was quite respectable. We will return 2 all state players this year in Malachi Hayden on the line and Will Meadows at the RB position. 

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Very well rounded team that year. Our lineplay was probably better that year than in 19. I'd imagine that was the biggest difference. I personally believe our Line in 19 was the weakest we've fielded in a while but by years end was quite respectable. We will return 2 all state players this year in Malachi Hayden on the line and Will Meadows at the RB position. 

I know that will be another tough game when we come to Decatur.

5 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I know that will be another tough game when we come to Decatur.

I hope so. We play better at home,  so hopefully we will give you a good game. The way I understand it you all will be loaded. It wont be easy to win against you. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:54 AM, Imthayeti said:

I hope so. We play better at home,  so hopefully we will give you a good game. The way I understand it you all will be loaded. It wont be easy to win against you. 

Good luck to a great team with a outstanding  fan base ! You all are truly a class act,maybe we will see ya in Tha Ville again this year,stranger things have happened !!!

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Good luck to a great team with a outstanding  fan base ! You all are truly a class act,maybe we will see ya in Tha Ville again this year,stranger things have happened !!!

Haha, who knows I guess at this point. I will know alot when I see that first snap. Cant happen soon enough.