Greenback 2020

Gbnation

5 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think what Barn is referring to is that Loudon county has a rule that you must live in Loudon county to go to GB or another Loudon County HS. If that rule wasn't in place GB would get at least 10 more football players a year, which would equal about 40 extra players on a single A team. It has been suggested that folks from Loudon HS and LC HS want to make sure that rule stays in place our GB will own them.

I see what you mean. I just went back and read that. +1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Loudon County allowed Blount County Kids into their school that has a Greenback address which a lot of places in Blount County do it would bring William Blount Football down so bad they would be worse than Heritage and that's bad. It's very hard to believe how two schools could be that bad in football but it starts at the top and always has. It starts with the man that loves to get his picture in the paper all the time. That's where the Buck Stops.

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I see what you mean. I just went back and read that. +1

On a related note, I might have a small house inside the Loudon county line for rent. very very affordable to right family. Gotta help my south blount county brothers out, if you know what I mean. ;-) 

• Thanks 2

On 12/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, lakecounty1968 said:

If Greenback lost a bunch of starters off this years team and does not receive a bunch of senior transfers. Then they will be a decent team but not state title contenders. Of course I'm pretty sure the transfers will come for the education. I do know Greenback needs to stay away from Region 7A teams. 0 and 2 and neither game was that competitive.

True

Finally a trophy to a well deserving bunch that worried their tailends off all season long about Greenback picking up a couple of kids from area local schools that weren't even getting to play in some cases. Please put this in your trophy case to look at and realize how most Coach T posters view some of your fans.

when-you-win-an-award-1.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Finally a trophy to a well deserving bunch that worried their tailends off all season long about Greenback picking up a couple of kids from area local schools that weren't even getting to play in some cases. Please put this in your trophy case to look at and realize how most Coach T posters view some of your fans.

This^^^^^

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Even I can laugh at that.  It’s good to be the talk of every thread even when the threads aren’t about us, as a joke or as a football team.