Huntingdon 2020

flatfoot

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You are right, but I don't know what to make of Huntingdon in 2020. Cookeville expectations are real, but they have that for the past 5 seasons, and continue to fall short. Simply, they're a good team that is getting the benefit of the doubt of playing bad football teams.

This fall, Huntingdon will be entering the same regular season schedule for the 4th consecutive season. They haven't lost a regular season game since 2016. They've won 31 games in a row.

Huntingdon is getting the benefit of the doubt that Milan has been averaged the last 4 years, Camden has been down, and McKenzie is patiently waiting....

Huntingdon's schedule is bad, pretty bad. Pretty bad is an understatement. Seeing Wayne County losing the Rice's has only gave more disappointment to Huntingdon, because they have been so dominant over bad competition, only to lose in November. At the end of the day, someone has to win the championship in 1A.

Strength of schedule is big for making a fun. Take us for example we should’ve lost to Fairley and that was the only real team we played. 

idk how the west will be in 1A this year. There’s a lot of questions about a lot of teams, I don’t see LC making it back since they lost the coach and his son, so this side right now is a coin toss in 1A

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

Strength of schedule is big for making a fun. Take us for example we should’ve lost to Fairley and that was the only real team we played. 

idk how the west will be in 1A this year. There’s a lot of questions about a lot of teams, I don’t see LC making it back since they lost the coach and his son, so this side right now is a coin toss in 1A

Agreed, that's why I believe in West Carroll being the team to take that crown. However, Freedom Prep is improving drastically, year by year.

Agreed, that's why I believe in West Carroll being the team to take that crown. However, Freedom Prep is improving drastically, year by year.

I agree with you on west Carroll. Teams with a lot of experience right now will have a bigger advantage than normal. And that would definitely be WC. Freedom Prep being in Shelby Co will hurt them this year. IF (big of) they can play by the rules this year and make the playoffs I think they will be at a disadvantage to the rural west tn teams because they will miss out on a lot of practice time and conditioning that more rural schools are not. 

I can see it happening. With Prep it just depends, but if they play by the rules and have a team that isn’t illegally put together then they will give our side problems. 

that’s like Fayetteville on the other side.. if they play by the rules I’ve heard they have some studs to do something next year 

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

I can see it happening. With Prep it just depends, but if they play by the rules and have a team that isn’t illegally put together then they will give our side problems. 

that’s like Fayetteville on the other side.. if they play by the rules I’ve heard they have some studs to do something next year 

If the Fayetteville scenario is true, then I would put them slight odds above Huntingdon. Same situation goes for Gordonsville. Pratically, Huntingdon going 10-0 in the regular season, tells me nothing.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with you on west Carroll. Teams with a lot of experience right now will have a bigger advantage than normal. And that would definitely be WC. Freedom Prep being in Shelby Co will hurt them this year. IF (big of) they can play by the rules this year and make the playoffs I think they will be at a disadvantage to the rural west tn teams because they will miss out on a lot of practice time and conditioning that more rural schools are not. 

1A in Shelby County will be interesting due to Freedom Prep and MASE (who beat Greenfield's last year) emergence. However, with them being academy type schools, who knows what you're going to get year in and year out with them. Unfortunately, 1A in Region 6-8 are both bad districts as a whole. I try to find a way to get each of those regions a compliment about teams, but sadly, I can't. It does seem like Freedom Prep, West Carroll, Huntingdon, and Lake County are the four contenders. But, the drop off between one and two seeds in Region 6, two and three seeds in region  7, and one and two seeds in region 8 are substantial drop offs.

16 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If the Fayetteville scenario is true, then I would put them slight odds above Huntingdon. Same situation goes for Gordonsville. Pratically, Huntingdon going 10-0 in the regular season, tells me nothing.

We can have an ongoing convo about this lol, but true 10-0 is quite the feat to shoot for every year but with no championship then it’s a let down in some people’s eyes. 

I have to see Fayetteville first to believe if they are real, so right now I see the potential Carrol county WC and Huntingdon rivalry being the two from the west 

19 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

We can have an ongoing convo about this lol, but true 10-0 is quite the feat to shoot for every year but with no championship then it’s a let down in some people’s eyes. 

I have to see Fayetteville first to believe if they are real, so right now I see the potential Carrol county WC and Huntingdon rivalry being the two from the west 

If I am not mistaken, Fayetteville lost 21 seniors to graduation. They are still full of athletes that did get playing time last season. Agree will be interesting especially considering how everything ended for them last season. Fayetteville is in the west as well.

4 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

If I am not mistaken, Fayetteville lost 21 seniors to graduation. They are still full of athletes that did get playing time last season. Agree will be interesting especially considering how everything ended for them last season. Fayetteville is in the west as well.

Thanks for the follow up, I wasn’t too sure which side they were on

On 5/26/2020 at 1:40 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

You are right, but I don't know what to make of Huntingdon in 2020. Cookeville expectations are real, but they have that for the past 5 seasons, and continue to fall short. Simply, they're a good team that is getting the benefit of the doubt of playing bad football teams.

This fall, Huntingdon will be entering the same regular season schedule for the 4th consecutive season. They haven't lost a regular season game since 2016. They've won 31 games in a row.

Huntingdon is getting the benefit of the doubt that Milan has been averaged the last 4 years, Camden has been down, and McKenzie is patiently waiting....

Huntingdon's schedule is bad, pretty bad. Pretty bad is an understatement. Seeing Wayne County losing the Rice's has only gave more disappointment to Huntingdon, because they have been so dominant over bad competition, only to lose in November. At the end of the day, someone has to win the championship in 1A.

Mustangs schedule is not what it has been in the past. All our non-region does are usually strong programs. I mean we've won 7 of the last 10 over 3a Milan. It's not like we play a bunch of 1a cupcakes every year. Unusual for all our non region foes to be down at the same time.

40 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs schedule is not what it has been in the past. All our non-region does are usually strong programs. I mean we've won 7 of the last 10 over 3a Milan. It's not like we play a bunch of 1a cupcakes every year. Unusual for all our non region foes to be down at the same time.

Exactly! Same thing we’ve heard for about 5 years. It’s not our fault our usual rivals are down. This year we had to play 2 Memphis teams simply because schools don’t wanna play, and that’s something some people don’t understand sometimes. 

• 2 months later...