Huntingdon 2020

flatfoot

8 minutes ago, Beagle said:

i REALLY  doubt it. His Wife is a born and Raised Mustang which is why he left to begin with . I talked to his father inlaw today about his job status in Huntingdon because so many of the "fans" on here seem heck bent on running him off and he laughed and said unless someone throws a brink truck at him or offers him a college job he is where he wants to be and the pay is good as any in west Tennessee.  

Totally agree . Hickman county is a nice place but talent wise and community  support wise its night and day and the records of the schools supports my opinion 

It’s hard for me to believe also but I heard from two very reliable sources that he has interviewed for the job and my understanding he applied when it came open. 

19 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

It’s hard for me to believe also but I heard from two very reliable sources that he has interviewed for the job and my understanding he applied when it came open. 

I mean if Hickman can pull him away more power to em. It would be a hard sell imo. Not many 1 or 2A programs have the internal structure like Huntingdon. 

19 hours ago, Beagle said:

i REALLY  doubt it. His Wife is a born and Raised Mustang which is why he left to begin with . I talked to his father inlaw today about his job status in Huntingdon because so many of the "fans" on here seem heck bent on running him off and he laughed and said unless someone throws a brink truck at him or offers him a college job he is where he wants to be and the pay is good as any in west Tennessee.  

Totally agree . Hickman county is a nice place but talent wise and community  support wise its night and day and the records of the schools supports my opinion 

I don't see it either but you know how it goes especially on here. Where there's a little smoke there can be fire. 

50 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I mean if Hickman can pull him away more power to em. It would be a hard sell imo. Not many 1 or 2A programs have the internal structure like Huntingdon. 

I agree I've been to a few Huntingdon games and fan support is impressive. But those games were during the playoffs and teams usually get a lot of fan support during that time. While Swenson was at Hickman I believe he seen the same support. I know there was a lot donations that came in to improve the field house and the stadium during his time. The talent is here and a few coaches have proved it (Swenson being one of them). When I first heard that he applied and interviewed I didn't believe it so I asked a few people that still have connections with Swenson and I got the same answers. I don't think the selling part is hard as you think it is from what I've heard. 

59 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

I agree I've been to a few Huntingdon games and fan support is impressive. But those games were during the playoffs and teams usually get a lot of fan support during that time. While Swenson was at Hickman I believe he seen the same support. I know there was a lot donations that came in to improve the field house and the stadium during his time. The talent is here and a few coaches have proved it (Swenson being one of them). When I first heard that he applied and interviewed I didn't believe it so I asked a few people that still have connections with Swenson and I got the same answers. I don't think the selling part is hard as you think it is from what I've heard. 

In my experience as far as fans, what you see in the playoffs is typically about what you see at a regular season game. It's the visitor stands that fluctuate. He may want to leave who knows, I'm sure he feels a little underappreciated. Interesting no Huntingdon fans have weighed in.

15 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

In my experience as far as fans, what you see in the playoffs is typically about what you see at a regular season game. It's the visitor stands that fluctuate. He may want to leave who knows, I'm sure he feels a little underappreciated. Interesting no Huntingdon fans have weighed in.

Majority of the post I see on here from Huntington fans it wouldn’t surprise me if they wanted him to leave. But they better watch what they wish for. 

On 12/10/2019 at 11:34 AM, Mustang1969 said:

Yes we will be back in the thick of things. It’s gonna be a couple of years before all the pieces align to once again be a real contender for a state championship however. Those upcoming sr linemen have been impressive when they have had a chance. I feel like we will be going back to the wing formation next year. The Cannon boy and Hutcherson get to the holes fast. Reliford as well.  Tashawn Rivers upcoming freshman is the real deal and could be starting qb before next season is over. Blake Bradley has all the tools to be a great qb just needs to develop his throwing motion a little bit. Offensively we will be fine. On defense our backfield returns minus Ensley. The Reeves kid will be a beast alongside Cade Wood at linebacker. Dylan Mann, and Hunter Britt will be two great d linemen to go along with Myles. We need to continue to work on depth but I’m pretty excited for the rebuild. I miss the days of playing a brutal regular season schedule but always being ready for a deep run once the playoffs started even if it was as a 3 or 4 seed. GO Mustangs!

If Bradley has all the tools to be a great qb,how is a freshman going to take his position? At Rivers size he will probably end up a lineman before he graduates   

3 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Huntington's biggest games are vs Camden McKenzie   and Milan with those three gates  they make more money than any playoff run they make especially after the tssaa takes half the playoff gate.  The stadium is packed out even in for sure blow outs. Milan v Huntingdon is easily the biggest gate they get every other year.  The home side  fan support is the same numbers if not intensity at most Huntingdon games.  

Swenson  interviews some where bout every year. He may leave but he would be crazy to. Huntingdon is a town that you don't have to beg kids to play. They live and breathe the game over here. Not many communities like that. I know he's not real happy about how some things have gone down lately but just silly crap mostly. I like Eric and hope he stays. You never gonna please everybody. If he's leaving it will be after basketball season. His daughter is our best player.

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Swenson  interviews some where bout every year. He may leave but he would be crazy to. Huntingdon is a town that you don't have to beg kids to play. They live and breathe the game over here. Not many communities like that. I know he's not real happy about how some things have gone down lately but just silly crap mostly. I like Eric and hope he stays. You never gonna please everybody. If he's leaving it will be after basketball season. His daughter is our best player.

He doesnt have to wait on her to take another job...lol  I agree with everything you said other than that