TN Coach's Poll for 7 December

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from: 12/7/19

THIS IS THE FIRST POLL OF THE SEASON-PRESEASON RANKINGS. 

Now in its 28th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a statewide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 168.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

BAYLOR

CLEVELAND

BRADLEY CENTRAL

WILSON CENTRAL

MCCALLIE

SCIENCE HILL

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

BLACKMAN

FATHER RYAN

CENTENNIAL

ARLINGTON

ROSSVIEW

Others receiving votes:  BEECH, BRENTWOOD, FRANKLIN, HALLS, OAKLAND, PIGEON FORGE

Bradley getting a lot of love for beating a short handed McCallie team. Blackman probably needs to be a little higher after winning the Blackhorse and finishing ahead of Christian Brothers. Pigeon Forge finished four points behind Science Hill at the Southern Slam but only an honorable mention that seems off to me.

Edited by JIII

19 minutes ago, JIII said:

Bradley getting a lot of love for beating a short handed McCallie team. Blackman probably needs to be a little higher after winning the Blackhorse and finishing ahead of Christian Brothers. Pigeon Forge finished four points behind Science Hill at the Southern Slam but only an honorable mention that seems off to me.

They may say it gives some consideration to individual tournaments but they really don’t. It’s a dual ranking. 

5 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Why does them beating a below average team make them worthy of a top ten spot? I would guess every team ranked above them would beat your team just as bad as they did. 

I wouldn't say we're below average, but if you don't think they're top 10 I have to question your wrestling IQ.

43 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I wouldn't say we're below average, but if you don't think they're top 10 I have to question your wrestling IQ.

I would definitely say you are below average, as for Pigeon Forge I would say when they get to full strength and everybody in the right weight class they will be a top ten team or close to it, but your logic that them blowing out the below average rebels automatically makes them top ten is not sound logic at all. 

5 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

I would definitely say you are below average, as for Pigeon Forge I would say when they get to full strength and everybody in the right weight class they will be a top ten team or close to it, but your logic that them blowing out the below average rebels automatically makes them top ten is not sound logic at all. 

I know talent and good wrestlers when I see it, obviously you don't. 

8 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

You lost to Cleveland 78-0 and you lost to small school Pigeon Forge 58-14. 

I’m sorry, but in what world do ‘not below average’ teams lose a dual 78-0 and get blown out by a team in a lower division than them?

Your school is a very big high school that has one if the strongest if not the strongest overall athletic programs in the state and one of the strongest football programs in the state with a solid youth wrestling presence. 

Why is that? . The only logical answer would be coaching but what do I know...