FINAL 2A RANKINGS. Forget Sonny Moore. What would YOU pick

GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Incompetent or corrupt  adults taking a once in a lifetime sports opportunity away from a group of kids is far more than spilled milk. I'm not sure I'm better than the other guy but I have zero respect for a group of people benefiting from every bad call in a horribly officiated game and then bragging that they were the better team and their coach telling  the players they won because they have more heart than the other team. Zero respect for a group of posters trying to justify the poor calls by saying we lost a fumble that wasn't (it was) and coming up with a different version of events weekly instead of admitting the wrong calls. You have a guy on the sidelines with a camera making hype videos. Surely some sideline footage of the game can be posted to show some of the questionable calls from a different angle. How about a video of the illegal peel back block that was called; it can be posted alongside the Riverside punt return  blocks that weren't deemed illegal by the same crew? Surely you can get the zoomed in version of that return so we can compare the two?

Ok I admit it. They made a bad call. Now go score that winning touchdown 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

Incompetent or corrupt  adults taking a once in a lifetime sports opportunity away from a group of kids is far more than spilled milk. I'm not sure I'm better than the other guy but I have zero respect for a group of people benefiting from every bad call in a horribly officiated game and then bragging that they were the better team and their coach telling  the players they won because they have more heart than the other team. Zero respect for a group of posters trying to justify the poor calls by saying we lost a fumble that wasn't (it was) and coming up with a different version of events weekly instead of admitting the wrong calls. You have a guy on the sidelines with a camera making hype videos. Surely some sideline footage of the game can be posted to show some of the questionable calls from a different angle. How about a video of the illegal peel back block that was called; it can be posted alongside the Riverside punt return  blocks that weren't deemed illegal by the same crew? Surely you can get the zoomed in version of that return so we can compare the two?

In 1988 Scooter Edwards, with a knee on the ground, picked a fumble up and returned it for the winning TD. Bad call. We lost. It’s still an L and that state championship trophy is still in their trophy case. It is part of the game. We moved on and have a trophy case full of gold balls to prove it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

i aint talkin abotu Tc u donkey i am talking abotu watertown in regards to your asinine comment. 

At the end of the day, Forrest and Watertown both entered basketball season the exact same day. Does it matter who was the better team Peabody are the champions. Move on last season is in the past never will be played again you lost get over it. 

17 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

In 1988 Scooter Edwards, with a knee on the ground, picked a fumble up and returned it for the winning TD. Bad call. We lost. It’s still an L and that state championship trophy is still in their trophy case. It is part of the game. We moved on and have a trophy case full of gold balls to prove it. 

Unfortunate but irrelevant story.

This wasn't human error based on a split second decision at game speed. This is different because the officials incorrectly administered a penalty. They didn't incorrectly mark off ten yards instead of five or fifteen. They incorrectly awarded possession to the wrong team on a punt in the 4th quarter of a 1 point playoff game. This wasn't one confused official- it was a gang of 8 who don't understand basic football possession rules in a state playoff game. There were similar situations in KY, AL, and OK where officials incorrectly administered a rule in a close state playoff game that all ended up in court and the officials were suspended after the association publicly admitted the screw ups. To date Forrest has only received the private phone call. 

6 hours ago, Salem said:

Unfortunate but irrelevant story.

This wasn't human error based on a split second decision at game speed. This is different because the officials incorrectly administered a penalty. They didn't incorrectly mark off ten yards instead of five or fifteen. They incorrectly awarded possession to the wrong team on a punt in the 4th quarter of a 1 point playoff game. This wasn't one confused official- it was a gang of 8 who don't understand basic football possession rules in a state playoff game. There were similar situations in KY, AL, and OK where officials incorrectly administered a rule in a close state playoff game that all ended up in court and the officials were suspended after the association publicly admitted the screw ups. To date Forrest has only received the private phone call. 

Okay. I’m out.