Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

coach763

"Hybrid Wing" T Clinic in Lebanon TN

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, MLREB said:

With the sheer talent that Oakland currently has and has had for several years, Oakland should always finish ahead of Maryville. The fact that they run that offense gives Maryville a chance. 

Well l guess you put Benny Monroe's Cleveland teams in that category also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Well l guess you put Benny Monroe's Cleveland teams in that category also.

Benny was great...and had great teams, but the modern era of offenses have pretty much taken over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Benny was great...and had great teams, but the modern era of offenses have pretty much taken over. 

Webb still runs the wing-t and they have been very successful over many years. This year was not the norm. They never shyed away from playing anyone. Won many state championship in their division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Webb still runs the wing-t and they have been very successful over many years. This year was not the norm. They never shyed away from playing anyone. Won many state championship in their division.

MLREB is right about modern era offenses have pretty much taken over. As he mentioned also Oakland has so many great players they can get away with running about anything. Wing-T is great for these smaller schools that aren't going to be able to develop a great passing QB year in and year out. For the larger schools like Maryville that has had an all-star QB one right after another it would be totally foolish to run the wing-t. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

MLREB is right about modern era offenses have pretty much taken over. As he mentioned also Oakland has so many great players they can get away with running about anything. Wing-T is great for these smaller schools that aren't going to be able to develop a great passing QB year in and year out. For the larger schools like Maryville that has had an all-star QB one right after another it would be totally foolish to run the wing-t. 

Which is why the wing-t makes sense for Oakland. We don't have quarterbacks grow on trees like they do in Maryville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Which is why the wing-t makes sense for Oakland. We don't have quarterbacks grow on trees like they do in Maryville

This may not be popular with you but do you think there is a chance that Maryville develops QBs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MLREB said:

This may not be popular with you but do you think there is a chance that Maryville develops QBs?

No doubt that they do. But you can't develop something that's not there. Best QB Oakland ever had was on some pretty bad teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

MLREB is right about modern era offenses have pretty much taken over. As he mentioned also Oakland has so many great players they can get away with running about anything. Wing-T is great for these smaller schools that aren't going to be able to develop a great passing QB year in and year out. For the larger schools like Maryville that has had an all-star QB one right after another it would be totally foolish to run the wing-t. 

Guess where the only QB  (in probably quite a few years) from Knox County and probably the surrounding area played high school football at? And they did not change the offense for him either. You all will probably make some excuse about it anyway. And l don't think the area is really churning out College QBs every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Guess where the only QB  (in probably quite a few years) from Knox County and probably the surrounding area played high school football at? And they did not change the offense for him either. You all will probably make some excuse about it anyway. And l don't think the area is really churning out College QBs every year.

Big Time as a Maryville fan and an avid follower of high school football I've never seen a school in the area have as many QB's as Maryville that went to the next level whether it be a small division 3 school or a division 1. Not sure who your referring to but every kid I've ever seen that has played that position at Maryville has came in with a lot of ability but also a lot of rust and obstacles that had to be worked out through a lot of great coaching along the way. Had any of them that may have come from somewhere else stayed in their original surrounding I seriously doubt they would have reach the level they did had they stayed.  I've got to know a lot of families over the years that have came to Maryville from other places and each came with an interesting story why they came here. Some of those kids are now long gone but still great friends with a lot of those families which is just as important and you can't replace with any of those gold trophies. I'm sure most of the fans at Maryville feel the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK...............clinic registration update. Please let me know ASAP if you are coming. I would have a cut-off of may be 60 -70 (due to size of room).  

Lewis Co TN - 10

Cannon Co. TN - 5

So Fulton TN - 3

Forrest TN - 6

Total = 24

Remember the clinic fee is a donation to the church backpack (food) program

thanks

wes

*best contact is e-mail

[email protected]

Edited by coach763

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...