"Hybrid Wing" T Clinic in Lebanon TN

coach763

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Webb still runs the wing-t and they have been very successful over many years. This year was not the norm. They never shyed away from playing anyone. Won many state championship in their division.

MLREB is right about modern era offenses have pretty much taken over. As he mentioned also Oakland has so many great players they can get away with running about anything. Wing-T is great for these smaller schools that aren't going to be able to develop a great passing QB year in and year out. For the larger schools like Maryville that has had an all-star QB one right after another it would be totally foolish to run the wing-t. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

MLREB is right about modern era offenses have pretty much taken over. As he mentioned also Oakland has so many great players they can get away with running about anything. Wing-T is great for these smaller schools that aren't going to be able to develop a great passing QB year in and year out. For the larger schools like Maryville that has had an all-star QB one right after another it would be totally foolish to run the wing-t. 

Which is why the wing-t makes sense for Oakland. We don't have quarterbacks grow on trees like they do in Maryville

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Guess where the only QB  (in probably quite a few years) from Knox County and probably the surrounding area played high school football at? And they did not change the offense for him either. You all will probably make some excuse about it anyway. And l don't think the area is really churning out College QBs every year.

10 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Guess where the only QB  (in probably quite a few years) from Knox County and probably the surrounding area played high school football at? And they did not change the offense for him either. You all will probably make some excuse about it anyway. And l don't think the area is really churning out College QBs every year.

Big Time as a Maryville fan and an avid follower of high school football I've never seen a school in the area have as many QB's as Maryville that went to the next level whether it be a small division 3 school or a division 1. Not sure who your referring to but every kid I've ever seen that has played that position at Maryville has came in with a lot of ability but also a lot of rust and obstacles that had to be worked out through a lot of great coaching along the way. Had any of them that may have come from somewhere else stayed in their original surrounding I seriously doubt they would have reach the level they did had they stayed.  I've got to know a lot of families over the years that have came to Maryville from other places and each came with an interesting story why they came here. Some of those kids are now long gone but still great friends with a lot of those families which is just as important and you can't replace with any of those gold trophies. I'm sure most of the fans at Maryville feel the same way.

OK...............clinic registration update. Please let me know ASAP if you are coming. I would have a cut-off of may be 60 -70 (due to size of room).  

Lewis Co TN - 10

Cannon Co. TN - 5

So Fulton TN - 3

Forrest TN - 6

Total = 24

Remember the clinic fee is a donation to the church backpack (food) program

thanks

wes

*best contact is e-mail

[email protected]

Edited by coach763

• CoachT unpinned this topic