Who wins 13 and 14 AA?

RealisticFan45

48 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

No one else is averaging 26+ PPG and going for 7 straight games of 30+... Keeley Carter and Jalynn Gregory from Macon County could be up for it. Jada Harrison from Westview is averaging 18 PPG as a freshman on one of the top teams in the state. That’s the 4 best players in AA ball.

Good info. I’m pulling for Khyla think she is definitely deserving of the award.

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

No one else is averaging 26+ PPG and going for 7 straight games of 30+... Keeley Carter and Jalynn Gregory from Macon County could be up for it. Jada Harrison from Westview is averaging 18 PPG as a freshman on one of the top teams in the state. That’s the 4 best players in AA ball.

IMO This is why Miss Basketball should be MVP of championship game and not a popularity contest by news reporters that are partial to certain teams or people when they dont even see every team. AA ball is off in West TN due to injuries and youth so it is easy to pad stats against weaker teams. The winner should be able to carry her team deep through the season....at least make it out of regionals. I mean is there really any reward being the best player on a less than stellar team just cause you throw up 30?

Are you referring to McNairy Central? I’ve seen Khyla double teamed in the games I’ve seen, and still went for 30+. I would say they’re the second or third best team in AA in the west simply because of her.

And if you think our area is weak, East TN is very weak.... there are more flaws in using the MVP of the championship game than looking at the entire body of work by a player throughout the season.

Edited by GCPioneer

17 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Are you referring to McNairy Central? I’ve seen Khyla double teamed in the games I’ve seen, and still went for 30+. I would say they’re the second or third best team in AA in the west simply because of her.

And if you think our area is weak, East TN is very weak.... there are more flaws in using the MVP of the championship game than looking at the entire body of work by a player throughout the season.

No referring in general. I know KDubb is a good player and have seen her several games this season. She was doubled but the competition was horrible and outside of one other shooter she is the obvious GoTo on McNairy. IMO Harrison doesn’t belong in the conversation yet. Maybe in a couple years but need to see how she carries Westview when Yancy and Callins is gone. I agree that East TN is weak too but there is ALOT of good teams in Middle TN and alot of good players. I also agree Miss BBall should be about the whole body of work and that includes post season play.....if you make it past Substate you should be in the conversation.

2 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

IMO This is why Miss Basketball should be MVP of championship game and not a popularity contest by news reporters that are partial to certain teams or people when they dont even see every team. AA ball is off in West TN due to injuries and youth so it is easy to pad stats against weaker teams. The winner should be able to carry her team deep through the season....at least make it out of regionals. I mean is there really any reward being the best player on a less than stellar team just cause you throw up 30?

Your definitely entitled to your opinion. But to base the Ms. Basketball award on one performance from the championship game?

11 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Your definitely entitled to your opinion. But to base the Ms. Basketball award on one performance from the championship game?

No base it on the whole season but postseason should be part of criteria too. Should an elite player on a 50/50 team who scores 30 a game get Miss BBall if they get put out in district but they had a 700 point season?  Imo no