Who wins 13 and 14 AA?

RealisticFan45

Just now, SportsWestTN said:

No clue, only saw the score updates online. My guess based on your analysis would be that she didn't, but purely speculation.

Yea that’s what I am thinking! Which Melrose & Mitchell have improved so much. I will find out if she played! I seen it went to OT

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Also it’s tournament time! It’s no such thing as almost get put out! Either you win or you lose! 

They were down by five going into the final quarter and had to force the game to overtime to win. They were almost put out...but survived. 

That doesn't mean there is any carryover to games moving forward, but as someone analyzing what games might look like in the future, it leaves some question marks. Not going to ignore that a game was close just because it was a win.

2 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

They were down by five going into the final quarter and had to force the game to overtime to win. They were almost put out...but survived. 

That doesn't mean there is any carryover to games moving forward, but as someone analyzing what games might look like in the future, it leaves some question marks. Not going to ignore that a game was close just because it was a win.

Well if their point guard is healthy they will definitely be state bound! Crockett Co has 1 player! No way one player will beat me! I am just saying Pankey is a great player, but that’s no way! 

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well if their point guard is healthy they will definitely be state bound! Crockett Co has 1 player! No way one player will beat me! I am just saying Pankey is a great player, but that’s no way! 

They've found a way to knock off two really good teams in a row, so wouldn't count them out. Slowing down Pankey is the key, but they have role players who fill their roles well. If Pankey gets going early and can open things up for others, she doesn't have to do it on her own. Also seem to have found a way to step up big defensively. 

Like I said, I don't know about Covington's PG, but recent data shows they aren't playing their best ball right now. Not sure how much will change in the next few days with an injured player. 

13 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

They've found a way to knock off two really good teams in a row, so wouldn't count them out. Slowing down Pankey is the key, but they have role players who fill their roles well. If Pankey gets going early and can open things up for others, she doesn't have to do it on her own. Also seem to have found a way to step up big defensively. 

Like I said, I don't know about Covington's PG, but recent data shows they aren't playing their best ball right now. Not sure how much will change in the next few days with an injured player. 

Well Covington puts me in the mind frame of a TCA. Their size will give Crockett Co the blues! We all seen 3 times how bad TCA did Crockett. Dyersburg team is just talent and no offense! They didn’t run any plays last night & it clearly showed! We will see what Crockett’s coach is made of... I can see Covington winning big 65-51if Covington’s point guard is playing! 

2 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

A Covington fan just confirmed that she is back! She came back in the district tournament, so I am sure she isn’t 100 percent yet. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

They didn’t miss many 3’s! Every shot they shot went in. We wasn’t switching on the screens & it got ugly real quick! 

You've always been a straight shooter on your post and I know what I've observed over the last decade in watching Westview (4-7 times a year), but I want an honest opinion from an observer of the game last night. Outside of not being very deep on the bench, how good is Westview at the uptempo game? Some of my martin friends I talked to today said they were kind of surprised when Westview came out in the 1st quarter and played that way, but the WV press gave SS some problems. What's your take? Also, they said to be such a physical game, both teams were respectful to each other and picking each other up. Good sportsmanship too. 

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

You've always been a straight shooter on your post and I know what I've observed over the last decade in watching Westview (4-7 times a year), but I want an honest opinion from an observer of the game last night. Outside of not being very deep on the bench, how good is Westview at the uptempo game? Some of my martin friends I talked to today said they were kind of surprised when Westview came out in the 1st quarter and played that way, but the WV press gave SS some problems. What's your take? Also, they said to be such a physical game, both teams were respectful to each other and picking each other up. Good sportsmanship too. 

Well let me start by saying congratulations to WV! We came out flat as all get out! We didn’t start the game well at all. Yall seniors lead the pace of the game, with the help scoring from a freshman only helped yalls cause. Our lack of leadership ended up killing us. The difference in the game y’all have two people capable of handling the ball! We knew coming into this year that our guard play will be weak! We lost 3300 points(Miller, Transou) we also lost 3 to ACL injuries so our top player was out all year. No excuse but with her it’s a different game. Y’all coach did a great job of taking our big out the game. She had 2/3 people on her all night. Next year we will have whole team back! No seniors & we will get one the best 8th graders in West Tn. It should be a promising year, factoring in no serious injuries happens! I look forward to playing Westview at full strength! Loss Miller last year while playing y’all smh. Loss one of the top sophomores in Tennessee this year smh. It’s definitely a love/hate relationship between us! Good luck to y’all! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

3 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview is able to run and gun when needed. Yancey, Callins, and Harrison have the stamina to run with any of them and can last an entire game as long as they don’t get in foul trouble. It didn’t surprise me last night because I know they can do it but coach would rather not due to shallow bench

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well let me start by saying congratulations to WV! We came out flat as all get out! We didn’t start the game well at all. Yall seniors lead the pace of the game, with the help scoring from a freshman only helped yalls cause. Our lack of leadership ended up killing us. The difference in the game y’all have two people capable of handling the ball! We knew coming into this year that our guard play will be weak! We lost 3300 points(Miller, Transou) we also lost 3 to ACL injuries so our top player was out all year. No excuse but with her it’s a different game. Y’all coach did a great job of taking our big out the game. She had 2/3 people on her all night. Next year we will have whole team back! No seniors & we will get one the best 8th graders in West Tn. It should be a promising year, factoring in no serious injuries happens! I look forward to playing Westview at full strength! Loss Miller last year while playing y’all smh. Loss one of the top sophomores in Tennessee this year smh. It’s definitely a love/hate relationship between us! Good luck to y’all! 

Well let me respond. I have family in Martin and my team is Gibson County. One of the reasons I guess I'm partial to WV is that no matter if they win or lose, they're always respectful and congratulatory.  So my younger nieces have played in their program over the years.  I also appreciate what Coach McNeal has done for Jackson South Side basketball. In the last several years of interacting with the WV fanbase and watching them, it appears to me that they play each part of a season in very different styles. When they go up tempo, they can fill it up in a hurry. I think it's a misconception about how WV can play and when they turn it loose, it's a very fast paced game. No doubt, I think Jackson SS will be the team next year in AA in our area and Coach McNeal is an awesome coach. He is great for those girls and it shows. Congrats on your season and look forward to watching SS again next year. Currie-Jelks should dominate. 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Macnarry said:

The man that can't coach has won almost 900 games at a 70 percent winning percentage.  You are a true Bobcat.

Seems to me that a true Bobcat would want the best for the McNairy players.  I believe he is not that person and I believe he has proven it.   Been to substate 3X in the 2000’s.  One at home and 2 on the road.  Lost all 3.    Can’t win the big games.  True Bobcats know it’s about the kids.  Whose best for them.  Win 881 games and 0 state championships.  He’s not the man