Who wins 13 and 14 AA?

RealisticFan45

9 hours ago, Macnarry said:

The hope is the district and region can be played at Union. If not Union, it will be at Lexington. Let's hope it gets worked out to be played at Union.  

That’s what I heard! Almost every other district that is decent in the state uses their local college to host the district & regional tournaments! This should be a no brainer! 

54 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

This has to happen. But it is hard because college teams have their own schedule to execute. 

I think you guys are misinformed. Schools "bid" to host, with the only stipulation that in regionals the tournament rotates between the districts involved. I am in no way involved in this process, but if the tourney has been awarded to Lexington (like the booster said), it's pretty much over. There may be an odd exception or two over the years, but I can't remember anyplace other than Lexington or Chester County hosting.

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I think you guys are misinformed. Schools "bid" to host, with the only stipulation that in regionals the tournament rotates between the districts involved. I am in no way involved in this process, but if the tourney has been awarded to Lexington (like the booster said), it's pretty much over. There may be an odd exception or two over the years, but I can't remember anyplace other than Lexington or Chester County hosting.

McNairy hosted in 2018 i know because it was my daughters senior year. We had district and region there. But Chester County has had it several years 

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not miss informed! All other counties In Middle & East TN find a nearby local college to host district & regional tournament! It only helps the kids get ready to play at the next level. Of course all sides has to agree, Which I believe is the problem around here(West Tn). Once the host college is paid, you split the money like agreed upon! Middle & East has done this for years! It gets the kids ready for the bigger floor. In AA we are behind! I hope it is at Union! 

5 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

McNairy hosted in 2018 i know because it was my daughters senior year. We had district and region there. But Chester County has had it several years 

I was there too, but I was referring to the longstanding history of the district/region. Other than McNairy in 2018, I don't remember going anyplace other than Lexington or CC.

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Not miss informed! All other counties In Middle & East TN find a nearby local college to host district & regional tournament! It only helps the kids get ready to play at the next level. Of course all sides has to agree, Which I believe is the problem around here(West Tn). Once the host college is paid, you split the money like agreed upon! Middle & East has done this for years! It gets the kids ready for the bigger floor. In AA we are behind! I hope it is at Union! 

Didn't mean misinformed about whether it would be a good or bad thing to happen, just that what was being discussed isn't possible unless they've changed the way they do things in the district and region. The reason that it's been done the way that it has, is the fact that the majority wants to do it that way.

28 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I was there too, but I was referring to the longstanding history of the district/region. Other than McNairy in 2018, I don't remember going anyplace other than Lexington or CC.

You are right I don’t either. I do agree if Lexington is supposed to host then they probably will. Would like to see that change eventually to a neutral site.

The coaches in the Districts decide where the District tournament will be and when it is that District's turn to host region then that District decides where the region will be. Example. If District 1 votes to host at a college gym and it is their turn to host region then the region tournament would also be at the college gym. The other district has no vote on where the region is going to be held when it is not their turn to host it. As good as Region 7 AA basketball  plays there should be a college that would want to host these every year.