Who wins 13 and 14 AA?

RealisticFan45

4 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

So you think the refs cost Scotts Hill that game?

Not necessarily. The bigs of McNairy rebounded over the top of the SH girls all night, and the level of pushing for position was as allowed to be significant... both were allowed to do it, but it favors the size advantage of the Bobcats. Who knows the winner if the game is called tighter, but I'd have liked our chances much better, and we got close as it was.

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I am putting my team(South Side) against anybody! If we was full strength(which I know injuries are part of the game) we would beat McNairy by 20! Our best player is out with an acl injury! She is a 22 & 12 player as a sophomore, so I am not sure of what you mean “South Side doesn’t have the players that McNairy has”. Lol 

It means that without your injured player, you don't have the talent available that McNairy does, and if they (McNairy) use their size advantage they will beat the Hawks. If you read the whole thing, I said that South Side will probably do better against 13AA than anybody in our district, and what I didn't say was that I think that the Hawks beat McNairy for the district title. Seems like you're wearing your heart on your sleeve by taking offense to my stating what I think is pretty obvious to anyone who isn't biased... Wade Warren is a high major signee, and the other big post can rebound and shoot with touch from the paint... they also have size and quickness on the wings, and enough ball handling and shooting from the guards that it isn't a liability. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

It means that without your injured player, you don't have the talent available that McNairy does, and if they (McNairy) use their size advantage they will beat the Hawks. If you read the whole thing, I said that South Side will probably do better against 13AA than anybody in our district, and what I didn't say was that I think that the Hawks beat McNairy for the district title. Seems like you're wearing your heart on your sleeve by taking offense to my stating what I think is pretty obvious to anyone who isn't biased... Wade Warren is a high major signee, and the other big post can rebound and shoot with touch from the paint... they also have size and quickness on the wings, and enough ball handling and shooting from the guards that it isn't a liability. 

We shall see! I ain’t wearing my heart no where but where my heart goes! I know whats about to happen! McNairy is a great team at home! On the road they don’t shoot as well as they do at home! South Side is all freshman & sophomores, so we make a lot of mistakes. If we don’t make too make we when by 8. If we keep Warren below 20 & #31 to below 10 we win by 12. If Warren gets 25 or better & 31 goes for 20 we lose by 15 

On 2/23/2020 at 1:40 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

Also whatever happened in the regular season is gone! It’s a new season now! 

You are correct, It is a new season.  However, these are kids and if you don't think what happens in the regular season is relevant you are mistaken.  Team beaten twice by the same team definitely is at a disadvantage.  Doesn't mean they will lose but winning team has the psychological advantage

34 minutes ago, Bobcats83 said:

You are correct, It is a new season.  However, these are kids and if you don't think what happens in the regular season is relevant you are mistaken.  Team beaten twice by the same team definitely is at a disadvantage.  Doesn't mean they will lose but winning team has the psychological advantage

I understand that! I do understand as well it’s hard to beat a team 3 times. Any advantage during this time of year is a plus! 

Pretty good article on the Jackson Sun on Khyla showing why she is a Miss Basketball Finalist... one quote from her that stood out is "haters are my motivators".... I don't think she left any questions about anything after that game. She dominated the second half of that game and finished with a double-double after being double teamed for the whole first half... and became the single season record holder at McNairy Central for points scored in a season....

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Bobcats83 said:

I think the phychological advantage is big in every sport or the mental edge. Hoping to win and expecting to win are two different things. Florida has beat TN numerous times in football with equal talent or some times more talent to TN just because Florida had the mental edge

Edited by pioneer42

9 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Pretty good article on the Jackson Sun on Khyla showing why she is a Miss Basketball Finalist... one quote from her that stood out is "haters are my motivators".... I don't think she left any questions about anything after that game. She dominated the second half of that game and finished with a double-double after being double teamed for the whole first half... and became the single season record holder at McNairy Central for points scored in a season....

Was a good article. I know I’ve enjoyed getting to watch her the past four yrs. think she is definitely deserving of being a Miss Basketball finalist. as Far as the statement of haters are her motivators I always say when people talk about you then you know you have arrived