How does our State Champions stack up?

14 hours ago, Salem said:

East Robertson has one of the best WR prospects in the state. If he plays next year he might score 5 TDS. If he goes to Ensworth or BA we will win handily. We more than contained him this year though.

He played QB on us, we hit him in a brutal collision with our #6 on the first drive and helicopter flipped him on a pass when he was playing in the secondary, and by then he didn't know where he was. 

On 12/17/2019 at 6:17 PM, H2Oman said:

Hog wash....

Example : Antioch High School in 6 A (exclusively black athletes ) would get beat by nearly any 1A / 2A team that is decent ( including Forrest)

Example: Whites Creek ( I believe is 4 A) got ran off the field by an average Westmoreland team who is predominantly white.

Example: Tyner ( great football team) but with your theory they should win the State Championship every year but it doesn’t happen.

this is because of coaching. 

48 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

this is because of coaching. 

My point exactly... I’ll take a team full of coachable kids ( any ethnicity) anytime. If kids are not coachable then they are no better than a football team full of cheerleaders and I don’t care what color, how athletic, etc...

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

coachability and athleticism are not mutually exclusive, so this is a straw man argument 

lol, I think that comment is the straw man argument (admittedly haven't read all the thread so maybe h20 comment refers to something else I missed).  You can have multiple individual or team factors... speed v size, great running attack v passing, offense v defense, etc.  They're not mutually exclusive but you can have a preference. In that line of reasoning I'll take the coachable player over the athlete (and hope I get a few that are both).

I get to watch a ton of Florida HS football and it is truly a different animal here. All the kids, regardless of ethnicity, who make the varsity teams for these schools are animals. Watched a quarterfinal game in 7A which had 21 power 5 offers between the two teams.  Pretty sure Vero Beach HS could beat UTM or Murray state 50% of the times they play, and Vero got smoked in quarters.  

58 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I get to watch a ton of Florida HS football and it is truly a different animal here. All the kids, regardless of ethnicity, who make the varsity teams for these schools are animals. Watched a quarterfinal game in 7A which had 21 power 5 offers between the two teams.  Pretty sure Vero Beach HS could beat UTM or Murray state 50% of the times they play, and Vero got smoked in quarters.  

I read somewhere that Florida has put more players in the nfl than any other state. Majority of them coming from Miami dade county area. 

This article is over three years old and is based on places of birth of NFL players not high school attended but TN is in the top third. Some counties in the top 5 may have more players than most states. 

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2016/09/which_states_produce_the_most.html

Rank State Players
1 Florida 193
2 California 187
3 Texas 160
4 Georgia 97
5 Ohio 80
6 Pennsylvania 66
7 Louisiana 63
8 Alabama 60
9 New Jersey 50
10 South Carolina 48
11 Michigan 46
12 Virginia 43
13 North Carolina 42
14 Illinois 38
15 New York 36
16 Tennessee 34
17 Maryland 28
18 Mississippi 27
(tie) Missouri 27
(tie) Wisconsin 27

Over half of all NFL players come from just seven states. Most states will seem weak when compared to GA or FL . 

Edited by Salem