How does our State Champions stack up?

40 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

Missouri maybe. Im not too familiar with their brand

Kentucky ball is just terrible, outside Louisville and Mayfield

Youre forgetting about Alabama ball too. They have really good ball top to bottom.

I have some buds from Missouri and they said TN football is better in each classification. 

I did! Alabama Hs football is just hard nosed football, great athletes and great lineman from. Coaching is better from terms of guys that have played at high levels 

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Very interesting topic I think. Wish they could have like a national championship for each class. I think it would be pretty cool. I have always heard your best high school football athletes come from Florida, Texas, and Cali.

I'd say so. Those are also 3 of the most populous states in the nation

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'd say so. Those are also 3 of the most populous states in the nation

That’s why so many people don’t think Norvell can win at Florida State like he did at Memphis. Down there that’s the recruiting circle and to get some top talent down there you gotta play some hard ball to get those guys. 

War Eagle Cartman, do you have access to games that have already been played from other states? If so, you might want to check out the Indiana championships that were played Thanksgiving weekend. Check out Evansville Memorial who won the State title in 4A. They are really a to a size School who is been forced to move up by that states success factor system which forces you to move up in class if you win too many state titles in a row or make deep runs in the playoffs. It is the most screwed-up thing that I've ever seen. So if you can check out Evansville Memorial tell me what you think they are from my hometown and I finally remembered great competition against them when I played back in the day. That is the school but baseball great Don Mattingly played for. I had the privilege of playing football against him back in the day.

17 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

1A and 2A in Tennessee didn’t want any part of the teams I saw play this afternoon from Georgia. 

I went to college and became close friends with a guy that his son played for Dublin HS that won 2A in Georgia.. he would share some highlights with me from their games and I think Alcoa would have a time playing those cats. Solid football squad 

19 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

War Eagle Cartman, do you have access to games that have already been played from other states? If so, you might want to check out the Indiana championships that were played Thanksgiving weekend. Check out Evansville Memorial who won the State title in 4A. They are really a to a size School who is been forced to move up by that states success factor system which forces you to move up in class if you win too many state titles in a row or make deep runs in the playoffs. It is the most screwed-up thing that I've ever seen. So if you can check out Evansville Memorial tell me what you think they are from my hometown and I finally remembered great competition against them when I played back in the day. That is the school but baseball great Don Mattingly played for. I had the privilege of playing football against him back in the day.

They should have it on nfhs. I'll check it out 

19 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I went to college and became close friends with a guy that his son played for Dublin HS that won 2A in Georgia.. he would share some highlights with me from their games and I think Alcoa would have a time playing those cats. Solid football squad 

Its just my humble opinion but on a per capita basis I'd say Georgia has the best ball in the country. That state is a goldmine for college talent 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, BruceColetrain said:

Missouri maybe. Im not too familiar with their brand

Kentucky ball is just terrible, outside Louisville and Mayfield

Youre forgetting about Alabama ball too. They have really good ball top to bottom.

Interesting factoid:  SP beat Courtland in the regular season of 1999.  Trouserhoser County beat Hazel Green in the regular season.  Courtland went to win the Alabama 1a title and Hazel Green the 2a Alabama title.  SP beat TC in the semi finals on the way to the TN 1a title.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:33 PM, Goldenpride said:

I have some buds from Missouri and they said TN football is better in each classification. 

I did! Alabama Hs football is just hard nosed football, great athletes and great lineman from. Coaching is better from terms of guys that have played at high levels 

I taught in MO for 2 years and I can verify TN is better across the board. The gap is much closer in the big classes but our small classes are much better. A great 1A game would be Lake Co vs Hayti. Hayti is a very good small school in MO and they are only about 30 mins apart. Hayti makes consistent deep playoff runs and has put kids in the nfl.