Dream Matchups for 2020 Season

DragonFan12

Whenever the subject comes up I always want Maryville to be involved in a game with an out of state team. Why??? Because I want the Tennessee team to win and Maryville is often the team with the best chance to do it.

It is a respect thing to Maryville. I would rather see Oak Ridge step up but the Rebels are just better than the Wildcats right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I wonder if Maryville and Alcoa scheduled the Tennessee Titans in Nashville if other high schools would finally stop with the...."They don't play anyone, they should schedule   ___________ school in __(fill in state)___________" .    Answer is no. They would still complain. I can hear them now. "Alcoa and Maryville still don't play good teams from other states" or "Well, the Titans have never won a Super bowl so the Tornadoes and Rebs are still avoiding competition." LOL

:roflol:

Before I started travelling in the state, I had no respect for east TN football.  I grew up in middle TN so never thought about ETN....you only know what you know.  BUT, after travelling, seeing the facilities at Greenville, Elizabethton, Alcoa, and Maryville I now KNOW.  Great programs with excellent staff.

Haters gonna hate.  Wear it as a badge of honor....there would be no hate if you went 5-5 every year.  BTW- give me Alcoa over the Titans with a 45yd FG from Rankin.  I’m not a Titan fan....in fact, took a picture by a sign in Elizabethton who has a future HOF’er on their squad right now!:thumb:

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Go BIG or Go Home! Tennessee's BEST vs the BEST in the USA...

Maryville  vs <<drumroll>> St. Don Bosco ( CA ).

As for Oak Ridge, I am pretty much happy with the rivalry games we have scheduled. I don't like Farragut and the Wildcats play them. The same goes with Kingsport D-B and Clinton.

Understand but I would like to see oak ridge and murvil play every year. Oak Ridge has GREAT tradition.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:22 PM, PurplePanther said:

IMG (FL) vs Maryville

Mater Dei (CA)  vs Alcoa

Northshore (Houston TX) vs Oakland 

Katy (TX) vs Ensworth 

Pearl-Cohn vs Hoover

Greater Atlanta Christian School vs McCallie

Alcoa is now National ranked as the 10th Best Small High School program by unapproved website. Small school is classified as 1000 students or less.

BTW, Alcoa scrimmaged Knoxville West at the beginning of this season. I knew West was going to be very good. But, in two qtrs with starter, Alcoa 28-14. Second two qtrs Alcoa's JV & Freshmen beat west 28-0.

IMO,...at playoff time Alcoa could have beat any 5A team in the state just as bad as they did Pearl Cohn. The F5 defense was playing lights out.

That defense returns next season.!Buckle up and seek shelter the F6 Tornadoes will be ready for any team in the State!:thumb:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

so you’re saying central, west, Powell and south Doyle were all contacted to play alcoa the last 2 years and said no? before you answer, im sure it was because Alcoa is a small school and they’re afraid of losing to them, right?

Yup, and Elizabethton and Greeneville where also in the mix trying to get 10 games this year....and next. Again,  next season 3A Alcoa will have 3 6A teams on the schedule. 

12 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup, and Elizabethton and Greeneville where also in the mix trying to get 10 games this year....and next. Again,  next season 3A Alcoa will have 3 6A teams on the schedule. 

Very impressed with what all Alcoa has returning off this years team for 2020.  7 on offense and 9 on defense. After watching all the playoffs in my opinion Alcoa would get my vote as the third best team this year behind Maryville and Oakland. If all goes well next year with who they have returning my early preseason pick for the best team in the state would have to Alcoa unless Oakland lands a bunch of good transfers which they normally do every year or two.