Liberty looking for new coach

ReitzFan

Liberty High School football coach Orentheus Taylor has resigned.

In 2016, Liberty went to the state championship game under former coach Tyler Turner. However, during the 3 year tenure of Coach Taylor, the Crusaders went 5 and 26.

Prior to coaching at Liberty, Taylor was an assistant coach at Trezvant. He was also the former head coach at Jackson Central-Merry when they closed several years ago.

Edited by ReitzFan

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Liberty High School football coach Orentheus Taylor has resigned.

In 2016, Liberty went to the state championship game under former coach Tyler Turner. However, during the 3 year tenure of Coach Taylor, the Crusaders went 5 and 26.

Prior to coaching at Liberty, Taylor was an assistant coach at Trezvant. He was also the former head coach at Jackson Central-Merry when they closed several years ago.

Who would want this job? I mean a younger guy looking to get his foot in the door, but he would have to build this thing up for a couple seasons or so

24 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Who would want this job? I mean a younger guy looking to get his foot in the door, but he would have to build this thing up for a couple seasons or so

Everything is the same as it was when they were great. Same awful facilities, and same lack of administrative support. Also the same potential to build a team of local athletes into a state caliber team with the right man leading them, who would in turn leave for a better job because of the lack of support. Until someone breaks the cycle by stepping up and creating a better atmosphere for a coach to thrive, they won't ever be consistently good... it is an opportunity for someone to come in and build their brand though.

Edited by tradertwo

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Everything is the same as it was when they were great. Same awful facilities, and same lack of administrative support. Also the same potential to build a team of local athletes into a state caliber team with the right man leading them, who would in turn leave for a better job because of the lack of support. Until someone breaks the cycle by stepping up and creating a better atmosphere for a coach to thrive, they won't ever be consistently good... it is an opportunity for someone to come in and build their brand though.

Hookfin had it rolling there for a while, but what you said the lack of support probably shy’d him away. Turner was there to thrive on generational talent Tech had for a couple years, Coach Taylor had some athletes with nothing to work with but it looked like he was a decently good defensive coach.. not offense tho. I hate to see a program that was once a competitor but the way it looks I see an even more downhill fall for Tech. 

31 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I said this in another thread several weeks back. And at the time I already knew the tech job was available. But one mans trash is another mans treasure.....

I am assuming that win jcm reopens, that they will have a football team. This school reopening will only further dilute the talent pool for athletes in Madison County. In my opinion reopening jcm is bad for all of the other schools that will hurt Public School athletics in Madison County. Not to mention, if they build a stadium like they're talkin about, this school system will probably hire a design company who will screw things up. They certainly did with the design of Liberty. That was an absolute waste of funds the way that stadium was designed. It's pure garbage.

I know this has nothing to do with the new search for a football coach but, Liberty's softball field just 6 years ago would be the envy of most high schools in the state. It was absolutely beautiful. fast forward to today, you wouldn't even recognize it. The grass has grown up over the top of the fences and is a wasteland for garbage and trash. This is really sad... 

Also, I was on the football field at Liberty this past fall and they have let their grass go to complete trash. Its nothing but weeds and trash grass. I by no means am a turf expert but come on they can better..

18 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I know this has nothing to do with the new search for a football coach but, Liberty's softball field just 6 years ago would be the envy of most high schools in the state. It was absolutely beautiful. fast forward to today, you wouldn't even recognize it. The grass has grown up over the top of the fences and is a wasteland for garbage and trash. This is really sad... 

Also, I was on the football field at Liberty this past fall and they have let their grass go to complete trash. Its nothing but weeds and trash grass. I by no means am a turf expert but come on they can better..

Hookfin had that grass perfect. You’d think he was Forrest Gump the way he treated and cut that grass. I hate to see liberty athletics that bad. I’m not use to it