Liberty looking for new coach

ReitzFan

Well to begin with Akin has never been a head coach before so no one really knows if he is going to be a success or not. Also, there is going to have to be a HUGE culture shift at liberty if they are going to be successful. Word on the street is Taylor let the indians run the program instead of the chief. If Akin comes in and cleans up the locker room and the mentality of the kids I would expect him to have some success. We do not know if that is going to happen or not.

Second, the administration and leadership of the JMCSS has proven to be woefully inept. On almost all levels. The can not keep coaches, teachers, principals, or superintendents. The school board is still living in the 1960's and making everything about race when most of the population has moved on from that crap and just wants good schools for our kids. 

Lastly, with out much more thought than a few minutes its hard to determine real talent levels from year to year. Some years are up and some are down. Talent means a lot to a program but coaching means the most. Will the school system give the coaches what they need to be a success? Last time I was at NSHS it looked like the boys were still wearing gear from when I was there 20 years ago....