Cornersville 2020

Sandman42

On 12/20/2019 at 5:23 AM, rnorris92 said:

I feel that with a young team getting ample experience this past year, the 2020 Bulldawgs will be better than what they were this past season.  I look for them to make the jump back up to winning more ballgames as they have in past seasons and contend for the region championship once again. 

I agree we will still be young 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cornersville hosted a weight competition this past Tuesday night with Giles county, Lewis county, and Richland also in attendance. There were some STRONG young men in the building. All teams looking very good heading into the spring. Many new personal records set for the bulldogs is my understanding.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Can we expect another Cornersville/Huntingdon battle in the quarterfinals?

Huntingdon is going to take a step backwards but still be OK. We lost a bunch of 3 year starters. Most of this years squad has only played mop-up and JV. That doesn't mean we don't have talent, but it's hard to judge a team that's never performed in prime time. Have a great freshman bunch coming in but you don't win with freshmen. McEwen is going to be a tough out this year. I'd love to travel to play the Bulldogs this year. I love the way you guys play.

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:04 AM, rnorris92 said:

Has anyone seen/heard of anything from Cornersville?   How the team may be looking/gelling together?

I lost my inside track, not that it was much help anyway, but in the little I have heard, sounds like good things going on.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, CaptainLongbeard said:

Can we expect another Cornersville/Huntingdon battle in the quarterfinals?

This has turned into a playoff rivalry game and would love to see another one.

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon is going to take a step backwards but still be OK. We lost a bunch of 3 year starters. Most of this years squad has only played mop-up and JV. That doesn't mean we don't have talent, but it's hard to judge a team that's never performed in prime time. Have a great freshman bunch coming in but you don't win with freshmen. McEwen is going to be a tough out this year. I'd love to travel to play the Bulldogs this year. I love the way you guys play.

It will depend on region ranking of course, but you guys would host again if you win your region.

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I’m from South Pittsburg, not Cornersville. lol

15 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Cornersville dealt with having 1st year starters last year but I feel that having a year under their belt will benefit them.  Hopefully these players learned a lot last year to fuel that desire to get better and do better than we did last season (not saying last year was bad or anything). Good luck this season but not too much!