Miss Basketball finalists

dmm88

On 1/29/2020 at 10:45 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

These media folks are a joke. Looking over kids who should be or should have been at least nominated if not finalist. I think they're bias, and there is some prejudice behind it as well. Three West tn names come to mind from the last few yrs. Im sure more goes into it, but #s dont lie.

Hailey Hardaway 

Q. Miller

Jamirah Shutes (should have won)

I agree!!! The Miss Basketball award for the most part is a joke anymore. It’s all about who gets the most publicity on social media and not about who is actually the best player.

Tori Rutherford, Grainger County, gets my vote in AA. 

Once she got going against South Greene, she pulled in the rest of the team for a 25—6, 4th Quarter against South Greene. She runs that team. 

A friendly reminder: I picked Grainger, slightly less than a year ago, as the team to beat here in the East. I'm standing by that. This is a very big, experienced, team that will go far in Murfreesboro—well past last year. Yes. You heard it here first. 

• 4 weeks later...

She was certainly no Macey Lee, at least not tonight. On the other hand, I can't imagine the frustration of coming into the second half of a do-or-die game with your team in a 30 point hole. I have to assume a 1/2 game suspension would have to be something disciplinary. They also dropped 2 straight in the region and I'm not sure if she played in those games or not. 

7 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

She was certainly no Macey Lee, at least not tonight. On the other hand, I can't imagine the frustration of coming into the second half of a do-or-die game with your team in a 30 point hole. I have to assume a 1/2 game suspension would have to be something disciplinary. They also dropped 2 straight in the region and I'm not sure if she played in those games or not. 

Edited by Quatrefoil

1 hour ago, bleedblackandgold said:

Miss Basketball finalist who can't even get their team past the first round of region?  The award is a joke.  Why even bother? 

You know what bleedblackandgold you sit there behind your screen name and take shots at kids. This post is obviously taking a shot at Madison Hayes, who everyone knows is one of the best players in the state if not the best. Not everything revolves around your beloved Bradley Bearettes. You see I have a good relationship with Coach Reuter and have a lot of respect for him, however it is people like you that make it where people don’t like Bradley. You do nothing on here but talk bad about other coaches and other players that aren’t on Bradley. You wanna talk about me or my team, go ahead. But when you start talking about my players then I have to get on here on say something. I would be glad to sit down and have a conversation with you about this if you would like, but everyone on here knows that you will only be known as bleedblackandgold and keep your identity hidden.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bleedblackandgold said:

Miss Basketball finalist who can't even get their team past the first round of region?  The award is a joke.  Why even bother? 

It's truly shameful for you to criticize a kid on a message board from an anonymous screen name.  You do realize that tearing down others doesn't elevate you.  We all learned that in elementary school.  You must have missed that lesson in human decency.

Edited by coachinhoops