Miss Basketball finalists

dmm88

52 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

Even with her on the team- they don't get out of region. How many finalists are still playing?  I don't like individual awards anyway, but IN MY OPINION the finalists should be able to lead their team to state.  If they worried more about team stats and not individual stats their team would still be playing.  I guess that's why their seasons are over and the real team players are still playing.

Only 16 teams make it out of the Region and in our case, we have a very strong Region. I think Stone can play with anyone in the state on a given night. East Ham lost by 2 points in Region semis on a court they were not as familiar with. 
Any comments about not getting out of the Region should be made in that context & not about an individual first player. I have seen her play several times & never thought she was a ‘me first’ player. In fact, I think she elevates her teammates.

9 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Only 16 teams make it out of the Region and in our case, we have a very strong Region. I think Stone can play with anyone in the state on a given night. East Ham lost by 2 points in Region semis on a court they were not as familiar with. 
Any comments about not getting out of the Region should be made in that context & not about an individual first player. I have seen her play several times & never thought she was a ‘me first’ player. In fact, I think she elevates her teammates.

They lost to Stone by 2 points on their OWN COURT in the quarter finals.  And I am not talking about just her.  I'm not even talking about AAA alone.  I asked how many of all the finalists are still in it?  I have never singled one person out- that would be her own coach assuming who I was talking about.  East Ham is out.  Riverdale is out.  So one of the three is still in it.  I do not know of the other classes, but would be interested to know.    I love when people put words in my mouth.

Madison is not a me player and never has been... the kid is the best player in the state and has been fun to watch for the past 4 years. If she had been at Bradley Central, this conversation would completely different. We would've never heard the end of her greatness from some of these CoachT'ers. Madison is deserving of any and all awards that she gets.

6 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

They lost to Stone by 2 points on their OWN COURT in the quarter finals.  And I am not talking about just her.  I'm not even talking about AAA alone.  I asked how many of all the finalists are still in it?  I have never singled one person out- that would be her own coach assuming who I was talking about.  East Ham is out.  Riverdale is out.  So one of the three is still in it.  I do not know of the other classes, but would be interested to know.    I love when people put words in my mouth.

Would still love to talk to you about this. You have any interest in that? I promise I will still keep your identity a secret.

Edited by Dixiedog23

4 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Madison is not a me player and never has been... the kid is the best player in the state and has been fun to watch for the past 4 years. If she had been at Bradley Central, this conversation would completely different. We would've never heard the end of her greatness from some of these CoachT'ers. Madison is deserving of any and all awards that she gets.

I hate that I haven't gotten to see her play.  Where is she going to play college ball?

On 1/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, pioneer42 said:

Heather Butler went 70-1 with two state titles at GC and didn’t win it.

Yep. And she could still give the finalists in class A a run for their money today no doubt in my mind. She had an outstanding career at GC and helped win 2 state titles! Back to back. Miss Basketball is a joke. Explain to me how you have a girl that is 70-1 over 2 years , won 2 state titles not win? People must have forgotten,  she played in district 13 AA. At the time the best player in the toughest district in the state from top to bottom. No question.! As far as I know the girl from Westview won. (Won't mention names) who got put out in the simi's and  won it over Heather Butler. I remember. Its miss Basketball for a reason. She was clearly the best player in AA at least her senior year, maybe both seasons. Oh well, doesn't really matter. OVC MVP at least twice. Brought UT Martin to some of its best years ever. Played in 2 NCAA games....I'm pretty sure. Oh yeah, then she went on to play professional ball for a few years. Hands down the best player in AA those 2 years. When politics get involved , it's shameful. 

Edited by gcfan2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gcfan2 said:

Yep. And she could still give the finalists in class A a run for their money today no doubt in my mind. She had an outstanding career at GC and helped win 2 state titles! Back to back. Miss Basketball is a joke. Explain to me how you have a girl that is 70-1 over 2 years , won 2 state titles not win? People must have forgotten,  she played in district 13 AA. At the time the best player in the toughest district in the state from top to bottom. No question.! As far as I know the girl from Westview won. (Won't mention names) who got put out in the simi's and  won it over Heather Butler. I remember. Its miss Basketball for a reason. She was clearly the best player in AA at least her senior year, maybe both seasons. Oh well, doesn't really matter. OVC MVP at least twice. Brought UT Martin to some of its best years ever. Played in 2 NCAA games....I'm pretty sure. Oh yeah, then she went on to play professional ball for a few years. Hands down the best player in AA those 2 years. When politics get involved , it's shameful. 

Think they got it right with Chloe last year and think she is the best this year. Madison and Micah Hart will have something to say about it the next couple of years and I wouldn’t count out Evyn Cantrell. All three of them have superstar written all over them.

5 hours ago, gcfan2 said:

I think the name “Miss Basketball” makes it become more of a “beauty pageant” than the Best Player award.  Butler was robbed, twice.  She obviously was not shopped and promoted enough or to the right people.  She is one of the BEST to ever play at th HS level!  She should have won twice!  Girl could straight up ball!

Edited by BullShark

7 hours ago, BullShark said:

I think the name “Miss Basketball” makes it become more of a “beauty pageant” than the Best Player award.  Butler was robbed, twice.  She obviously was not shopped and promoted enough or to the right people.  She is one of the BEST to ever play at th HS level!  She should have won twice!  Girl could straight up ball!

I'm going on out of a "short" limb for next year in AA....Jada Harrison from Westview. The freshman dropped 33 against Covington last night and one of the fans, who went to the game I talked to, who is actually from Covington said he couldn't remember the last time a player put 30 on them and teams typically have a hard time breaking 30 on them collectively. Remember that name......

Edited by SuperFan14A
clarification