Not sure I understand what is being proposed. Today we have:

Division I

Class A

Class AA

Class AAA

Division II

Class A

Class AA 

What is the proposed change? if the existing structure is defined as "5 classifications," and we now drop to 4 classifications, where is that done?

The devil is in the detail.

From what I have seen you would have about 65 teams in each classification. Instead of 16 Districts you would likely have 8 regions. Based on a very quick review of enrollments from last time it would look roughly like this if you divide divisions equally: (disclaimer: based on old enrollment numbers from 2016)

A 0 - 540

AA 541- 900

AAA 901 - 1346

AAAA 1347  and up

I like the idea of 4 classes and eliminating districts. 8 regions is better in my opinion. Would eliminate 1 week of district tournament play (less T$$AA) but also would either allow an extra week of regular season to give more flexibility with scheduling or allow the post season to end a week earlier. 

Just one person's opinion though. 

Edited by 17SoccerFan

I think the TSSAA would stay with 16 districts and keep the postseason format the same as it currently is. they are not going to give up a round of tournaments because they lose money for the district tournaments not being played. i am guessing that you have a few district with 6 to 7 teams and a few with 4 or 5 and it stays the same format.

Probably right. T$$AA not going to give up any money. I do like the breakdown though with 4 divisions . Right now you have 1100 student schools playing 2300+ student schools. At least with 4 classes your smallest school to largest school spread for each division is not so big. Either way there is always going to be some schools that are the smallest schools in their division.   

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 8:23 AM, ballbasher30 said:

I know with the covid situation and spring sports being cancelled, this may have been put on the back burner in people's minds.  Has anyone heard any more information about what the classification plans might be and what they may look like?

Meeting on Wednesday to discuss.

• 4 weeks later...

after the meeting last week, it looks like soccer is going to stay with three classes in division 1 and divide it up having equal numbers of teams in each class like they did the previous cycle.  we should see some schools shifted up and down, and could make the new alignments interesting. it is also for 2 years instead of 4 like the normal cycle goes.