Grundy Coaching

Raider1234

Just an outside observation, I've read these Grundy Co threads for years now. It seems y'all have a very passionate bunch but a culture change needs to happen. I think it needs to start with the parents and fans. Usually a culture change starts in the locker room but I just don't see it that way in this situation. If I'm a young talented coach there's no way i even consider Grundy. The guys on the T need to start it you might be the most passionate of the bunch. But no real coach wants to come somewhere where he'll be thrown under the bus after a few games or even be threatened. Time to take a long hard look in the mirror and make some changes of your own if you wany to see this program have any kind of real success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Just an outside observation, I've read these Grundy Co threads for years now. It seems y'all have a very passionate bunch but a culture change needs to happen. I think it needs to start with the parents and fans. Usually a culture change starts in the locker room but I just don't see it that way in this situation. If I'm a young talented coach there's no way i even consider Grundy. The guys on the T need to start it you might be the most passionate of the bunch. But no real coach wants to come somewhere where he'll be thrown under the bus after a few games or even be threatened. Time to take a long hard look in the mirror and make some changes of your own if you wany to see this program have any kind of real success. 

+10

I agree the culture needs to change but I'm a little different in that I believe it needs to start with the board and central office.  Way to much back stabbing at the top and it all flows downhill from there.  I agree I don't know why a coach would want to go to Grundy but they do have some big boys and good athletes.  I think the coach they have now is a real good guy but he is probably best to be an assistant.  Just to unorganized and doesn't appear to know how to run a football team.  Running the stuff he learned in the pros is not working on the mountain.

12 hours ago, Rocky34 said:

I agree the culture needs to change but I'm a little different in that I believe it needs to start with the board and central office.  Way to much back stabbing at the top and it all flows downhill from there.  I agree I don't know why a coach would want to go to Grundy but they do have some big boys and good athletes.  I think the coach they have now is a real good guy but he is probably best to be an assistant.  Just to unorganized and doesn't appear to know how to run a football team.  Running the stuff he learned in the pros is not working on the mountain.

:thumb:ding ding

BeachHound unfortunately I must agree with you.  It really is a shame because the right knowledgeable coach could do alot of good with them grundy boys.  Good facilities, good kids.  Just the adults don't do whats best for kids on the mountain.  Its all about who gets to make the next big decision to please their on followers.  Ive seen it going on for years but always hoped it would change but its not.  kids deserve better!!