William Blount 2020

Governm

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Grapevine has 4 inquiring from there, two from Maryville. Inquiries mind you, but like spooning leads to forking so inquiries lead to commitments. One of the WB players is a multi sport guy.

Loudon County Line Rule will  be an obstacle for most.  Rutgerson and Blake Fields transferred from WB last year and both made ALL-County this year and played in the state championship game, may be enough to motivate families to relocate across county line. (Rutgerson also won state championship in baseball with GB last spring)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/8/2020 at 5:42 PM, Shadroach said:

Top Tier Coaching

Fair competition challenging for a position

Chance to play 15 games instead of 10

Attention from coaches at the college level

Winning Tradition

REAL Booster, Parent, Admin support

STRONG Community and Sponsor support

New up to date school and football facilities

If your child is missing some or all of these things its your fault. Real change is YOUR responsibility. Start your journey now and thank yourself later.

It is almost like you want WB to fail. Are you the SID for one of those schools?

On 1/3/2020 at 10:59 AM, 32hammer said:

Loudon County Line Rule will  be an obstacle for most.  Rutgerson and Blake Fields transferred from WB last year and both made ALL-County this year and played in the state championship game, may be enough to motivate families to relocate across county line. (Rutgerson also won state championship in baseball with GB last spring)

But what about academics? You didn't even mention that. 

8 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

But what about academics? You didn't even mention that. 

I'm not as familiar with Greenback academics but if you say they are better, I guess that's a pretty good endorsement.

GB does have a newer school, smaller class size and a better student-teacher ratio.  Both schools have great teachers.

Let the Insanity that is the decision making of WB continue. They have made a decision to let Shadowens choose who will coach the Middle School program after Coach Young resigned this year. Young had chosen one of his coaches to replace him and was backed by the 2 Middle School Principals but Shadowens did not want him because of his beef with Young. He chose one of his former coaches who had left to go to Carter High and was fired by Meadows before stepping down. The coach that Young chose has over 15 years experience and has coached at multiple schools that have had winning programs such as HVA and West and is a graduate of WB. His coaching record as a Freshman Head coach was 36-4. Sounds like he knows his stuff. The middle school has a fantastic staff who all agreed to stay on and coach with this candidate but now are talking about hanging it up. WHAT ARE WE DOING!!! WB do what is right by the kids and not a coach who doesnt even want to be at WB. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, tnio713 said:

Let the Insanity that is the decision making of WB continue. They have made a decision to let Shadowens choose who will coach the Middle School program after Coach Young resigned this year. Young had chosen one of his coaches to replace him and was backed by the 2 Middle School Principals but Shadowens did not want him because of his beef with Young. He chose one of his former coaches who had left to go to Carter High and was fired by Meadows before stepping down. The coach that Young chose has over 15 years experience and has coached at multiple schools that have had winning programs such as HVA and West and is a graduate of WB. His coaching record as a Freshman Head coach was 36-4. Sounds like he knows his stuff. The middle school has a fantastic staff who all agreed to stay on and coach with this candidate but now are talking about hanging it up. WHAT ARE WE DOING!!! WB do what is right by the kids and not a coach who doesnt even want to be at WB. 

I didn't realize Rick had stepped down at the middle school. This was really the only hope this program has or had to salvage a win or two at the high school. Letting Shad be in charge of picking the new coach at the middle school is the same as letting a match be in charge of dynamite especially the way his application shows up at a lot of other programs looking for a new coach. The reason Meadows didn't get the job at WB was the way they felt betrayed the way he left when another school paid him double what he was making at WB. The only difference between Meadows case and Shads is Meadows can get five jobs today if he wants but Shad can't and they know their safe because of that. His chances of escaping WB are the same as a prisoner in North Korea and that's pretty bad when everyone knows that. I never thought Rome could be built in a day down there but Meadows seemed to walk in and change things in a very short time frame. I also realize Blount County doesn't seem to care about it's football programs the same as other schools in the area and seem to be built on a miracle happening instead of smart developing. I'll say this in closing, if Heritage or WB were to put a real competitive team on the field the fans would come out of the woodwork to see and be a part of it. When I saw the crowd for the WB and Heritage game last year it beat most crowds I've seen at any Maryville or Alcoa game in 2019 by a landslide. Both of the county teams need a younger ,more aggressive coach willing to do whatever to take this challenge on. keep doing the same ole thing expecting different results don't cut it with me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good luck to the old coach with his next steps in retirement. I have seen him coach ALOT over the years from teenage baseball to youth football. I had an opportunity to help him a little over the years and reaffirmed the structure he provided and the commitment he demanded set him apart from ALL the rest IMO. Like many youth coaches, the positive impacts he had on the kids and families which he led is immeasurable. It was always about that day of practice and the next game, but it was never only about the practice and the next game. All the years, teams, and relationships make for some great storytelling during the holidays.

I hated some of the trash posted on here questioning his commitment to the only HS he has supported for +30 years. Complete ignorance and stupidity on some’s part. Regardless, he remains a WB supporter and will likely continue to be one for the next 30 years. The govs could use many more like him.

Good luck Coach! You had many positive effects on so many lives in our community over the years. Im sure you will still be “around”. To borrow something we have all heard him say over the years, “I’ve lived in the same house with the same phone number for 40 years so I’m the easiest sob in Maryville to find.” LOL

CONGRATS Rick on a job well done!

Edited by strongx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, strongx said:

Good luck to the old coach with his next steps in retirement. I have seen him coach ALOT over the years from teenage baseball to youth football. I had an opportunity to help him a little over the years and reaffirmed the structure he provided and the commitment he demanded set him apart from ALL the rest IMO. Like many youth coaches, the positive impacts he had on the kids and families which he led is immeasurable. It was always about that day of practice and the next game, but it was never only about the practice and the next game. All the years, teams, and relationships make for some great storytelling during the holidays.

I hated some of the trash posted on here questioning his commitment to the only HS he has supported for +30 years. Complete ignorance and stupidity on some’s part. Regardless, he remains a WB supporter and will likely continue to be one for the next 30 years. The govs could use many more like him.

Good luck Coach! You had many positive effects on so many lives in our community over the years. Im sure you will still be “around”. To borrow something we have all heard him say over the years, “I’ve lived in the same house with the same phone number for 40 years so I’m the easiest sob in Maryville to find.” LOL

CONGRATS Rick on a job well done!

I was making it a point to stay off WB threads, but this deserves a reply:

I-had-no-feelings-either-way-about-Derek