William Blount 2020

Governm

On 2/23/2020 at 8:51 PM, Red Rebels said:

So Alcoa annexed a Blount County School?

giphy.gif

Alcoa using ALL the Maryville tricks.............scares the heck out of them red and black peps!:thumb:

Two large housing complex's being built. One called Athlete Alcoa at Bunglow and the other Bluechip Apartment Complex at the new Springbrook Farms. The second location will have private drive and shuttle service directly to Goddard Field. See Daily Times article below:

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/alcoa-apartment-complex-restaurant-get-updated-plans-may-herald-changing/article_537d7b90-5659-5914-93ad-f5ec5063b3d8.html

Good thing Alcoa built a new school and can add hundreds of bluechippers! B)

Then..... there's Maryville at capacity and having to turn them away. Oh well, they annexed all the WB players, at least the ones that have not gone to Greenback! :lol:

Oh, one last thing........I heard Alcoa is ALSO getting a state of the art Barber Shop. WITH 4 chairs!:-o

Alcoa!   Turning Aluminum to GOLD! :thumb: 

image.jpeg.167e606cf070b653e17a3edeef500212.jpeg

Part 2 coming soon!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 1:08 PM, strongx said:

Good luck to the old coach with his next steps in retirement. I have seen him coach ALOT over the years from teenage baseball to youth football. I had an opportunity to help him a little over the years and reaffirmed the structure he provided and the commitment he demanded set him apart from ALL the rest IMO. Like many youth coaches, the positive impacts he had on the kids and families which he led is immeasurable. It was always about that day of practice and the next game, but it was never only about the practice and the next game. All the years, teams, and relationships make for some great storytelling during the holidays.

I hated some of the trash posted on here questioning his commitment to the only HS he has supported for +30 years. Complete ignorance and stupidity on some’s part. Regardless, he remains a WB supporter and will likely continue to be one for the next 30 years. The govs could use many more like him.

Good luck Coach! You had many positive effects on so many lives in our community over the years. Im sure you will still be “around”. To borrow something we have all heard him say over the years, “I’ve lived in the same house with the same phone number for 40 years so I’m the easiest sob in Maryville to find.” LOL

CONGRATS Rick on a job well done!

I was Rick’s OL Coach at the Raiders for quite sometime. The man knows how to win. We won a lot of games; often with less talent.  Rick was always incredibly well prepared, highly organized, and an excellent tactician. More importantly, he was a great motivator and loved his players like he did his sons. I loved coaching for him. He let his assistants coach and kept the parents out of the huddle. Rick invested so much of his time and money to make an impact on the community that many can only dream of. The fact he has retired makes me very sad. Hopefully he will return to youth football and continue to make young men out of boys. Fantastic job Rick! I treasure our time on the field together! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 9:02 AM, strongx said:

So the govs are going to get some facility improvements. Any changes that might result in more wins this year? Transfers? Additional kids wanting to play? New 

Honestly it may or may not have that side effect. This is about turning something that is in unacceptable condition into something that is acceptable. Regardless of records, this is the right thing to do in my opinion. 

As a long time sports fan and coach of different sports, I do believe that this will instill pride that may be lacking. This in turn may produce more effort and accountability. Might be a minimal thing, but every little bit helps.

Edited by CrossStateTraveler