William Blount 2020

Governm

I'm just curious who Alnwick was or where the name comes from.  I 100% agree with all the other posters that the name needs to be changed. WB started off on the wrong foot from the very start playing Maryville in their very first game back in 1979 losing 17-0 then two young girls had a reaction to some type of building material that was used in the construction process that turned their skin green that school year.  Forever and a day back then all the rest of the schools referred to WB as the Greenskins.  From that time on everything from one losing football program, Shad, the coach that stole the football uniforms and the naked man that showed up on campus checking all the light switch boxes for smurfs that made national news are just some of the hilights.  Something got to change folks.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm just curious who Alnwick was or where the name comes from.  I 100% agree with all the other posters that the name needs to be changed. WB started off on the wrong foot from the very start playing Maryville in their very first game back in 1979 losing 17-0 then two young girls had a reaction to some type of building material that was used in the construction process that turned their skin green that school year.  Forever and a day back then all the rest of the schools referred to WB as the Greenskins.  From that time on everything from one losing football program, Shad, the coach that stole the football uniforms and the naked man that showed up on campus checking all the light switch boxes for smurfs that made national news are just some of the hilights.  Something got to change folks.

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear.....Tha grait Floyd C. Porter (formur Allin-Wick Principle) gived all ov us a histree lessun ov tha Allin-Wick naim......Seams hit come frum tha old cuntree, naimed aftur a littull Anglish hamlit and a cassull.....Thay haiv thair cassull and Blunt couwtee haz thairs......:popcorneater:

https://www.alnwickcastle.com/

Old cuntree Allin-wick cassull

Alnwick Castle – Alnwick, England - Atlas Obscura

Blunt Cowntee Allin-Wick cassull.....:wub:

Cades Cove Preservation home in Eastern Tennessee is a Museum ...

and.......Big thangs happenin' att our beluved cassull......!!!

https://www.thedailytimes.com/community/the-rebirth-of-alnwick-public-invited-to-grand-reopening-saturday/article_9b9f210b-a72c-5a4d-bf43-bba1465b5890.html?fbclid=IwAR2mDS5wKPplPt4oPCpj1MjJpSp_fsUWB1lU_vCZ_uYN4QF_hMYM4ojWg-M#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Like 1

Congratulation from over to Oke Gidge on your graduation from the Large Orange school over to Knoxville, real proud of ya. Too hard for me there , I had to go down the road to Cookeville an Tenn. Tech. sometimes called tennis shoe tech.

Takes a lot of time and effort to get through a school like UT and this whole bunch is really PROUD of you.

I'm done talking now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I'm hearing good things out of WB. I'm told that they had a good freshman turnout this year and the team is feeling more confident after making the playoffs.

Does losing a couple to Greenback hurt?Franklin was a good Running back he will be hard to replace.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Does losing a couple to Greenback hurt?Franklin was a good Running back he will be hard to replace.

Does it hurt losing good players every year? Of course it does. It would hurt any team. Was that a sincere question or are you just stirring the pot?

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

17 hours ago, bounder said:

Congratulation from over to Oke Gidge on your graduation from the Large Orange school over to Knoxville, real proud of ya. Too hard for me there , I had to go down the road to Cookeville an Tenn. Tech. sometimes called tennis shoe tech.

Takes a lot of time and effort to get through a school like UT and this whole bunch is really PROUD of you.

I'm done talking now!

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1