William Blount 2020

Governm

7 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

I had my doubts for awhile, but I knew we had it when we got that defensive stop with a few minutes left.

Penalties always kill Heritage for some reason every game I watch them play. I question a pass interference call towards the end of the game that really saved WB on that last drive but I'm just a guy watching on the computer at home. When Heritage fumbled the ball when punting I knew WB would score and win the game. Maybe Heritage can beat Seymour and Karns if we can get to that part of the season. A lot of their kids are three year starters and it took all that time just to break a 25 game losing streak. Anyways again last nights game was good to see and ended up being a great contest.

I am not a fan of Heritage's coach, and think he should have been sent into retirement 5 or 6 years ago. I truly think there is a fear that they won't be able to find somebody else to take over if they do give him the boot. You can't deny the improvement this year though, they are a few mistakes away from being 3-1 instead of 1-3 right now. The pass interference call was clearly a bad call, the kid tripped over himself that was plain as day, but the safety spouting off to the ref made a bad situation worse. Had it not been for the messed up clock it looked like Heritage had a legitimate chance with the screen play, because William Blount was obviously confused, but being able to meet with the coaches and prepare for the formation made the difference. As far as the fight goes the kid that jumped the rout and got the interception was taunting the chaser while prancing into the end zone. That does not condone the player starting the fight from Heritage but he did. The refs ending the game with 14 seconds left was easily the best decision they made all night.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Penalties always kill Heritage for some reason every game I watch them play. I question a pass interference call towards the end of the game that really saved WB on that last drive but I'm just a guy watching on the computer at home. When Heritage fumbled the ball when punting I knew WB would score and win the game. Maybe Heritage can beat Seymour and Karns if we can get to that part of the season. A lot of their kids are three year starters and it took all that time just to break a 25 game losing streak. Anyways again last nights game was good to see and ended up being a great contest.

Barney,

I saw that PI play up close and I also agree that it was a questionable call. At the same time, WB also got the short end of a few of those personal foul calls. From where I was standing, Heritage initiated most of those situations, but either WB or both teams got punished because WB retaliated. I really hate the way refs call personal fouls. The way they do it almost encourages players to start stuff because they know they can get away with it or break even. But that's just my take. 

As for the game, WB also had a lot of missed opportunities. How many balls did our receivers drop last night? Slow starts have been our thing this year. It's not about how you start , though; it's about how you finish. I was surprised by Heritage. They had a few really nice players and good size. They could surprise a few teams this season. I don't think they should give up on the season by any means.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

5 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Barney,

I saw that PI play up close and I also agree that it was a questionable call. At the same time, WB also got the short end of a few of those personal foul calls. From where I was standing, Heritage initiated most of those situations, but either WB or both teams got punished because WB retaliated. I really hate the way refs call personal fouls. The way they do it almost encourages players to start stuff because they know they can get away with it or break even. But that's just my take. 

As for the game, WB also had a lot of missed opportunities. How many balls did our receivers drop last night? Slow starts have been our thing this year. It's not about how you start , though; it's about how you finish. I was surprised by Heritage. They had a few really nice players and good size. They could surprise a few teams this season. I don't think they should give up on the season by any means.

I'm sure your right on what you saw. You can always feel it inside when a team wants it bad enough and WB showed that in the very end. Your QB played one heck of a 4th Quarter last night.