William Blount 2020

Governm

On 1/11/2020 at 6:50 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I didn't realize Rick had stepped down at the middle school. This was really the only hope this program has or had to salvage a win or two at the high school. Letting Shad be in charge of picking the new coach at the middle school is the same as letting a match be in charge of dynamite especially the way his application shows up at a lot of other programs looking for a new coach. The reason Meadows didn't get the job at WB was the way they felt betrayed the way he left when another school paid him double what he was making at WB. The only difference between Meadows case and Shads is Meadows can get five jobs today if he wants but Shad can't and they know their safe because of that. His chances of escaping WB are the same as a prisoner in North Korea and that's pretty bad when everyone knows that. I never thought Rome could be built in a day down there but Meadows seemed to walk in and change things in a very short time frame. I also realize Blount County doesn't seem to care about it's football programs the same as other schools in the area and seem to be built on a miracle happening instead of smart developing. I'll say this in closing, if Heritage or WB were to put a real competitive team on the field the fans would come out of the woodwork to see and be a part of it. When I saw the crowd for the WB and Heritage game last year it beat most crowds I've seen at any Maryville or Alcoa game in 2019 by a landslide. Both of the county teams need a younger ,more aggressive coach willing to do whatever to take this challenge on. keep doing the same ole thing expecting different results don't cut it with me.

Barney I am just curious cause i honestly don’t know. But what jobs has Shad applied for recently?  Say in the last year or two??

• 3 weeks later...

The New Word of the Day at William Blount is Wooden Chair.

Last fall the BCS school board voted to spend fund balance money on building football field houses at HHS and WBHS. The county commission placed granting their permission on hold BUT tomorrow evening the budget committee will vote to put it before the full commission. This is just to give permission to spend money that is ALREADY AVAILABLE and separate from science labs and other upgrades already secured. The last time the budget committee heard of this they Wooden Chair any of the money.

untitled-500x500.png

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The New Word of the Day at William Blount was Wheelchair.

At last Night's County Budget Committee Meeting they were approached by a very large number of players ,fans and parents and quickly decided that Wheelchair $400,000.00 with each school for new football rooms.

51vqwx-c-U8-L-SY355.jpg

Since Maryville City has annexed all the new subdivisions and commercial properties on Morganton Road and William Blount Drive, I hope they wheelchair some of that tax money to county football rooms also! :thumb:

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Since Maryville City has annexed all the new subdivisions and commercial properties on Morganton Road and William Blount Drive, I hope they wheelchair some of that tax money to county football rooms also! :thumb:

No disrespect BC but Denso owns the town of Maryville and the city leaders kiss their butt just like Alcoa kisses Arconic's. No one in Maryville wants to see Morganton Road get swallowed up by the city. My hunch is before it's all over in the future you'll see Maryville bust in half and there will be two schools instead of one. A lot of people will disagree with me but at the rate their building the high school could have 2,400 kids with just what I know is going to happen. The city knows that but don't want to break the bad news yet.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No disrespect BC but Denso owns the town of Maryville and the city leaders kiss their butt just like Alcoa kisses Arconic's. No one in Maryville wants to see Morganton Road get swallowed up by the city. My hunch is before it's all over in the future you'll see Maryville bust in half and there will be two schools instead of one. A lot of people will disagree with me but at the rate their building the high school could have 2,400 kids with just what I know is going to happen. The city knows that but don't want to break the bad news yet.

Nope.