William Blount 2020

Governm

26 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Nope. 

You'll see my friend. It wasn't that long ago Maryville had 450 kids and now it has that many per grade. Half the school was built in 1938 that is still in use. Big talks about the high school twelve years ago that went nowhere. Maryville will not become a Hoover High School in order to save face with a good football team. 

a07dbba72b1f1c801c1a47f092002f74.jpg

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No disrespect BC but Denso owns the town of Maryville and the city leaders kiss their butt just like Alcoa kisses Arconic's. No one in Maryville wants to see Morganton Road get swallowed up by the city. My hunch is before it's all over in the future you'll see Maryville bust in half and there will be two schools instead of one. A lot of people will disagree with me but at the rate their building the high school could have 2,400 kids with just what I know is going to happen. The city knows that but don't want to break the bad news yet.

If William Blount HS is located in the City of Maryville, will it eventually become Maryville High school of rejects...or The Maryville jail? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You'll see my friend. It wasn't that long ago Maryville had 450 kids and now it has that many per grade. Half the school was built in 1938 that is still in use. Big talks about the high school twelve years ago that went nowhere. Maryville will not become a Hoover High School in order to save face with a good football team. 

a07dbba72b1f1c801c1a47f092002f74.jpg

As of Tuesday morning there are 0 considerations being considered for a new high school in the next 15 year time frame. Expansion plans for various schools or a new elementary or intermediate school, but no high school.

Side note - to build a new MHS would cost around $80M.

6 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

When it was all said and done, Everett High School was located inside the City of Maryville for years.

The land for Everett High School was donated by Maryville Mayor Sam Everett in 1922. He was instrumental in starting Maryville High School in 1913. I guess they needed a rival. He is also the reason ALCOA came to North Maryville in 1914.

They honored the Carpenters Middle boy's basketball team at a WB game recently. They were county champs, they had a 20-8 record, and ended up being a top 15 team in the state. I guess Maryville or Alcoa will have a really good boy's basketball team in the next few years.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

They honored the Carpenters Middle boy's basketball team at a WB game recently. They were county champs, they had a 20-8 record, and ended up being a top 15 team in the state. I guess Maryville or Alcoa will have a really good boy's basketball team in the next few years.

Maryville and Alcoa have really good basketball teams now...