Mairvul Footbawl 2020 (offishual thred)

STARSNBARS

On 3/4/2020 at 9:53 PM, strongx said:

If little league charged several hundred per kid, you are right, it would be gone. Most wouldn’t pay 500$ for 14 games. Schools are charging that player fee in addition to justifying another wellness position to pay the coach. If school ball disappeared, there would still be travel ball for those families willing to pay the $$, skip summer vacations, pay for lessons, and actually give a crap. Similar to the rapidly growing 7 on 7 football that many families are beginning to focus on. It just seems odd to me for schools to tell families “yeah we offer badminton, the fee is 950$”. 
I have often wondered the number of and cost of wellness teaching positions across our State so we have enough coaches. I’m not sure that’s the job of the schools. Maybe there is a better model? Maybe not.

7 v 7 is not even football

22 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Here’s an answer: When Alcoa and Maryville get the green light to condition they immediately get to it. They don’t wait a week or two, they don’t take fall breaks off. They get after it. That’s why those two schools typically are playing the first weekend of December.  And have to remodel the trophy cases ever so many years.   

The county schools are starting Tuesday May 26th. That’s the day that they were given permission to start. Same date as Knox county, sevier county, and Lenoir city. Can’t blame football programs for following instructions.