Finger Lakes at the Scuffle

ChatWrestlingFan

On 1/2/2020 at 12:02 PM, Mason422 said:

Well said Sir.  I don’t personally know Mason, but the couple times I met him he was very respectful and seemed like a fine young man.  

It absolutely blows my mind how people will put down kids and hide behind user names.  If you are gonna speak bad about someone on a forum like this at least have the guts to say who you are.  I don’t have any respect for  keyboard tough guys. 

Sid Mason 

Ditto. Always been a great competitor and fine sport raised by fine parents.

Good luck to one of Tennessee's finest and Mason's ivy league pursuits!!!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:02 PM, Mason422 said:

Well said Sir.  I don’t personally know Mason, but the couple times I met him he was very respectful and seemed like a fine young man.  

It absolutely blows my mind how people will put down kids and hide behind user names.  If you are gonna speak bad about someone on a forum like this at least have the guts to say who you are.  I don’t have any respect for keyboard tough guys. 

Sid Mason 

I was going to let this go but you guys couldn't let it drop.  I am sorry if my opinion hurts your feelings but I guess you will just have to deal with it.  Putting your head in the sand and pretending like someone deserves the medal of valor because they were a great wrestler does absolutely nothing to improve character or our sport.  Everyone goes on and on about how wrestling, like no other sport, builds character, etc, etc, etc.  Yet we turn a blind eye when some of our best wrestlers act like a fool and get away with it because they are winning gold medals.  And while we are on the subject there are coaches from certain "top level" programs who also get the same treatment.  We gush on and on about them on message boards and newspaper articles when they hoist the trophy but conveniently forget when they are kicking chairs, getting ejected from tournaments, etc. etc.  

Before you jump to defend, take a look at the facts.  One quick and easy example:  The AAA State Championship team lost 16 points (among 3 wrestlers and the coach) in the 2019 State Tournament.  

So rather than blindly hero worshiping, maybe we should hold everyone to the same standard regardless of the number of gold medals on their wall.  

• Like 1