RESPECT or Notoriety! Why worthy schools, coaches and players don't get any!?

RealisticFan45

On 1/14/2020 at 11:35 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Memphis Whitehaven girls beat someone 110-2 tonight. No way that coach wins District COTY :roflol:

No, he should be reprimanded. Absolutely ridiculous to allow that to happen as a head coach. His “explanation” in the paper was just as ignorant. 

Starters played first quarter and back ups are freshmen. Clock ran continuously the whole second half instead of just the fourth. Maybe should have the whole game, would have been finished in half an hour. That team has been beaten badly several times this year while scoring below 10 but nobody hit that magic number of 100 against them so it went unnoticed. Sounds as if people wanted them to hold the ball the whole game. 

4 hours ago, Indian said:

Starters played first quarter and back ups are freshmen. Clock ran continuously the whole second half instead of just the fourth. Maybe should have the whole game, would have been finished in half an hour. That team has been beaten badly several times this year while scoring below 10 but nobody hit that magic number of 100 against them so it went unnoticed. Sounds as if people wanted them to hold the ball the whole game. 

Not whole game, but yes, up by 40-50 you run every offense you have, tell your team to make 20 passes and only score on layups. It’s called respect. You don’t do that to high school kids who have the courage to get out there and represent their school and community so their school doesn’t have to consolidate the program. 

There’s something they say about karma...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:59 AM, coachinhoops said:

Pretty sure on another thread that you were quoted in saying that you have only seen me coach one game and my actions were embarrassing and you would never let your daughter play for me.  When you lie in print and get called on it you lose all credibility.  Again, I don't care what you think of me or who you want your kid to play for.  I work for the Lord and coach to honor Him.  I am passionate about helping kids and teaching the game that changed my life.  I respect the accomplishments of Bradley and admire the passion of people in this great community no matter who they root for.  You have made your attacks towards me and my program personal and I actually find it amusing.  Those that know me in the coaching profession and on a personal level don't care what you think either.  Have fun bashing other great coaches like you did with Lamar Rogers on that thread from the comfort of your computer and the safety of your screen name.  

Coach of the year does it again last night- I must say the Lord works different through you than everyone else.  I will pay admission to not see you on the sidelines at East Hamilton!!! 

• 2 weeks later...