Prep Slam Review

durdon

Here are the TN kids I see that have a shot to make the finals. 

This should end up being Kia Owens -Tampa Jesuit vs Nick Corday -Baylor - Corday will have to get past a solid Josh Noble in the semis which he should.  I would give the edge to Kia in the finals but it will be close. 

Eric Roggie #15 on Flo’s Big board and Jackson Bond - Baylor should meet in the finals.  This will be a huge win for Jackson if he can pull it off. 

I don’t understand the seeding in this weight.  Brayden Ivy got completely under seeded and screwed with a 6 seed.  He is on the same side as #8 Nic Provo on Flo Big board and he will catch him in the quarters. On the top side is Braden Basile who is a major stud and #17 by intermat.  Ivy is good enough to beat both and win this bracket but he has to run a tough road to do so.  

126 Dayne Dyrmiple Christian Brothers is the 3 seed but I see him making it to the finals where he will face Tom Crook of Tampa Jesuit who is an absolute stud. 

132 Noah Horst Baylor is the 3 seed and he will have a really tough match up with Justin Mastrioanni in the semis but I think Noah wins that and if he does then he will have Jack Crook of Tampa Jesuit in the Finals. Jack already has a 4-1 win over Noah this season so this could be redemption time for a Noah.

138 Garrison Dendy is the 1 seed will walk into the finals.  Aiden Bowers is the 3 seed and he will end up meeting Caleb Campos in the semis. It’s a very tough match that Aiden can win and if he does then he will set up an early preview of the D2 state finals. Regardless, Dendy wins this bracket. 

145 Garrett Bowers is the 3 seed and he will meet up with Alex Duncan of Brother Martin who beat him earlier this season 3-1.  The winner of that match will face Ethan Basile and I don’t see either one of them beating Basile.  But, Bowers has the skill set to beat both if he is on his game. 

182 Conner Duffy of Baylor is the 1 seed and he will make the finals easy. Thomas Sewell of Christian Brothers is the 2 seed and he will make finals also.   Duffy will win the finals.

195 David Harper is the 1 seed and he will win this bracket easy. Conner Billingsly of Christian Brothers is the 3 seed and I see him making the finals against Harper 

220 Al Wooten of Christian Brothers is the 4 seed and he is way under seeded.  I see Al winning this bracket. 

Edited by durdon

Baylor wins the Prep Slam at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School in Atlanta with 252 team points-

I could not find where Christian Brothers placed. I am sure I have missed a few as I looked at the videos from Flo Wrestling to get these results and what I could see off a FB post:

Champions:

106 Nick Corday (Baylor)

138 Garrison Dendy (Baylor)

182 Connor Duffy (Baylor)

195 David Harper (Baylor)

220 Al Wooten (Christian Brothers HS) 

2nd:

113 Jackson Bond (Baylor)

138 Aidan Bowers (Christian Brothers HS)

160 Omaury Alvarez (Baylor)

3rd:

132  Noah Horst (Baylor)

145 Garrett Bowers (Christian Brothers HS)

182 Theo Sewell (Christian Brothers HS)