2019 Tennessee High School Football Coaches Association (TnFCA) All State Team for Classes 1A, 2A & 3A

CoachT

The 2019 Class 3A Tennessee High School Football Coaches Association (TnFCA) All State Team

Offense

QB- Trey Foster, Austin East

QB- Keaton Harig, Loudon

QB- Donoven McCallister, Upperman

QB- Martino Owens, Pearl Cohn

RB- Bryce Akey, Gatlinburg Pittman

RB- Kody Lewis, Unicoi County

RB- James Moore, Stratford

RB- Logan Nardozzi, Fairview

OL- Brackston Alford, Alcoa

OL- Eli Mitchell, Alcoa

OL- Bo Rowland, Gatlinburg Pittman

OL- Paxton Terry, South Gibson

OL- Tyler Whitfield, Loudon

WR- Lucas Brown, Red Bank

WR- Haydn Hollin, Claiborne

WR- Keon Smith, Austin East

WR- Cedric Watkins, Pearl Cohn

ATH- John Ross Hord, Smith County

ATH- Drew Jackson, Loudon

ATH- John Jones, Wooddale

ATH- Chaye McElroy, Giles County

K- Zeke Rankin, Alcoa

Defense

DL- Grey Carroll, Alcoa

DL- Trey Schulz, Kingston

DL- Andrew Scott, Covington

DL- Desean Wade, Pearl Cohn

LB- Cam Burden, Alcoa

LB- Lareko Burton, Covington

LB- Tyler Fletcher, East Nashville

LB- Clark Lockerby, Red Bank

DB- Isaiah Ligon, Austin East

DB- Carter Shanks, Upperman

DB- Myles Stark, Covington

DB- Nolan Stidham, South Gibson

ATH- Don Burleson, Pearl Cohn

ATH- Wyatt Blevins, Sequatchie County

ATH- Tyler Niebel, Sycamore

ATH- Dru Yopp, McNairy Central

P- Jackson Carver, Westview

I'm not saying any specific kid didn't deserve to be on the team and I'm not being negative but...

Hard to believe they left off Sankey and Cox from the All state team offense. Loudon had three guys on the All State offensive team but lost to Alcoa 56-0 in the semis. PC had 4 All state players and Alcoa beat them 27-0 in the state championship game. 

Sankey and Cox were two of the top ten players in the state in 3A and its not close.

Alco Defense only gets two?!?! LOL No Blankenship?! No Tollett?!? No Armstrong!?!

Alcoa outscored everyone in the region 304-0! Alcoa D had ten shutouts.  During the season they faced a team with an All State QB and WR and beat them 42-0 and faced another  team with an All state RB and beat them 56-0.

In the semis and state championship game faced an undefeated team with three All state players and beat them 56-0! In the state championship game faced a team with 4 All state players and beat them 27-0. 

I know everyone has to be politically correct these days and that's why deserving kids got left off, but its still a shame. At least four of those kids deserved All State honors. Earned it and proved on the field decisively against kids that were named All state.

57 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I'm not saying any specific kid didn't deserve to be on the team and I'm not being negative but...

Hard to believe they left off Sankey and Cox from the All state team offense. Loudon had three guys on the All State offensive team but lost to Alcoa 56-0 in the semis. PC had 4 All state players and Alcoa beat them 27-0 in the state championship game. 

Sankey and Cox were two of the top ten players in the state in 3A and its not close.

Alco Defense only gets two?!?! LOL No Blankenship?! No Tollett?!? No Armstrong!?!

Alcoa outscored everyone in the region 304-0! Alcoa D had ten shutouts.  During the season they faced a team with an All State QB and WR and beat them 42-0 and faced another  team with an All state RB and beat them 56-0.

In the semis and state championship game faced an undefeated team with three All state players and beat them 56-0! In the state championship game faced a team with 4 All state players and beat them 27-0. 

I know everyone has to be politically correct these days and that's why deserving kids got left off, but its still a shame. At least four of those kids deserved All State honors. Earned it and proved on the field decisively against kids that were named All state.

......................... We should just rename the entire state of Tennessee to Alcoa, just to see what there is to complain about next..... take your 100 state championships and your FOUR All-State selections and be happy.I guarantee any of those kids who aren't from Alcoa would gladly trade an All-State selection for some championship rings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lineemup said:

......................... We should just rename the entire state of Tennessee to Alcoa, just to see what there is to complain about next..... take your 100 state championships and your FOUR All-State selections and be happy.I guarantee any of those kids who aren't from Alcoa would gladly trade an All-State selection for some championship rings.

Its only 18 State championships. Five All State selections is good, however I was  making an objective case for at least 3 others that I believe deserved as well.

22 minutes ago, lineemup said:

I guarantee any of those kids who aren't from Alcoa would gladly trade an All-State selection for some championship rings.

Now this I believe.

Edited by 32hammer

4 hours ago, lineemup said:

They had FIVE all state selections..... just saying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lineemup said:

I have no dog in this race, but I do have an opinion... if you are as totally dominant on both sides of the ball as is Alcoa, nobody has the right to knock one of their fans for sticking up for the kids on the team. He could have said they all deserved to be selected and who could have made an argument with substance to "prove" otherwise? He also could have called out kids from other teams in comparison to the Alcoa kids, but chose not to. I'm not saying that even one Alcoa player deserved to bump someone from the team, but there's not much room to criticize someone for stating his opinion with the amount of stats there to back him up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I have no dog in this race, but I do have an opinion... if you are as totally dominant on both sides of the ball as is Alcoa, nobody has the right to knock one of their fans for sticking up for the kids on the team. He could have said they all deserved to be selected and who could have made an argument with substance to "prove" otherwise? He also could have called out kids from other teams in comparison to the Alcoa kids, but chose not to. I'm not saying that even one Alcoa player deserved to bump someone from the team, but there's not much room to criticize someone for stating his opinion with the amount of stats there to back him up.

Trader I had Signed off for a while because people had gotten cloudy. Don’t you know people can’t have an OPINION!  Keep talkin the truth brother!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Theres no stats backing up his opinion. Just what the "Team" scored. A quick google says Sankey had 887 rushing yards. That number may or may not be accurate. But if it is thats why he didnt make it. 

35 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Theres no stats backing up his opinion. Just what the "Team" scored. A quick google says Sankey had 887 rushing yards. That number may or may not be accurate. But if it is thats why he didnt make it. 

Its a team game. Alcoa doesn't run up individual stats on teams, especially teams they are beating 49-0 at half. Sankey only played about 2.5 quarters in 12 games. Ask the teams that played against Alcoa what #15 did do them when he touched the ball either running or catching it.

If I'm not mistaken ,Alcoa had 5 or more guys score TDs in  ten different  games. Coach Rankin called off the dogs early in those games. He could have just kept feeding Sankey and running up the score but he didn't.

Loudon had 3 All State players on Offense and PC had 2. Sankey out scored them all in the semi and State championship games when Alcoa played those teams.  How is that for a stat? If one player outscores two teams with a total of 5 All State offensive players in the semis and state championship game he has a good case for making the All State team as well.

As a side note, the TSWA named their ALL State team. Tollett and Cox were added to the five that TNFCA named for Alcoa. Giving the Tornadoes a total of 7 on the team. Sankey was not on the TSWA All state team either,  however they only named 28 as opposed to the 39 named for the TNFCA.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Its a team game. Alcoa doesn't run up individual stats on teams, especially teams they are beating 49-0 at half. Sankey only played about 2.5 quarters in 12 games. Ask the teams that played against Alcoa what #15 did do them when he touched the ball either running or catching it.

If I'm not mistaken ,Alcoa had 5 or more guys score TDs in  ten different  games. Coach Rankin called off the dogs early in those games. He could have just kept feeding Sankey and running up the score but he didn't.

Loudon had 3 All State players on Offense and PC had 2. Sankey out scored them all in the semi and State championship games when Alcoa played those teams.  How is that for a stat? If one player outscores two teams with a total of 5 All State offensive players in the semis and state championship game he has a good case for making the All State team as well.

As a side note, the TSWA named their ALL State team. Tollett and Cox were added to the five that TNFCA named for Alcoa. Giving the Tornadoes a total of 7 on the team. Sankey was not on the TSWA All state team either,  however they only named 28 as opposed to the 39 named for the TNFCA.

I totally get what your saying. All state recognizes individual players. Being so good is a blessing and a curse. You dont see many 800 yard all state backs. Theres wing t teams where their 2nd or 3rd back gets that many yards. He may have the most potential he just didnt put up the numbers. 

10 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

I totally get what your saying. All state recognizes individual players. Being so good is a blessing and a curse. You dont see many 800 yard all state backs. Theres wing t teams where their 2nd or 3rd back gets that many yards. He may have the most potential he just didnt put up the numbers. 

You make a good point. Hopefully he'll get recognized next year. O line probably won't be as good but the rest of the team is junior heavy.