2019 Tennessee High School Football Coaches Association (TnFCA) All State Team for Classes 1A, 2A & 3A

CoachT

33 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

In watching Alcoa closely the last couple of years. It appears the QB is the more significant running back in the offense. The QB counter for sure is coming in critical times. 

Its worked well for Tornadoes. A big factor is having a QB that can make the right decision very quickly.  But the traditional run game is what starts everything. Everything else is set up by it.  A defense kind of has to pick its poison, you've got cox and Sankey with speed sweeps, Blankenship with power, the passing game with Anderson, Cox , Burden and Sankey and the QB run. Vaulton does a good job running the offense and making good decisions. Salter, Bonham and Harris will get their touches as well and each would be the featured back on 90 % of 3A teams.. And all those guys will be back next year,

4 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Theres no stats backing up his opinion. Just what the "Team" scored. A quick google says Sankey had 887 rushing yards. That number may or may not be accurate. But if it is thats why he didnt make it. 

Here's two stats that exemplify what I'm saying about making arguments for/against ANY Alcoa player left off the team

304-0 combined score totals against their region... not once all season on any "freak" play, missed assignment, blind hog finding an acorn, or any situation did their defense even allow a point. That includes even a field goal. Maybe the defense could really have just been Alcoa's starters. Could the All State team beat them in a game?

Three players deemed best in state at their position on the field at the same time for Louden, yet they couldn't manage to score a point either. Not hating on Louden or anyone else, and just because there are always those few who take things out of context, I'm not saying that any of the selections are wrong, or that Alcoa should have more on the team... what I'm saying is that the whole "rename the whole state to Alcoa" narrative that lineemup posted was a little drastic considering how tactfully hammer made his point, and how dominant that Alcoa really was.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Hard to believe Sankey and Malik Hall didn't make All State.

I agree, but I am admittedly biased so my judgement could be cloudy. The TSWA State team had 28 kids and 7 were from Alcoa.  An outside person (some of which post on the T) could see how they would probably want to leave off a Tornado or two even if they deserved to be on the team.

The TnFCA team had 39 ( I believe) kids on it and left off Cox, Sankey, Tollett and Hall. Again, I don't want to come across as saying anything negative about of those kids that were named to the team.  I will say that those four Tornadoes were easily in the top 39 players in 3A in the state.

I will also say that Cox, Sankey and Tre Foster (AE) were probably the three players in 3A that were the most dangerous on offense. Coaches had nightmares about stopping them and it they could have "drafted" any offensive players in 3A to their team, they probably would have been the first 3 taken.

and cox is even better on defense.

22 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I agree, but I am admittedly biased so my judgement could be cloudy. The TSWA State team had 28 kids and 7 were from Alcoa.  An outside person (some of which post on the T) could see how they would probably want to leave off a Tornado or two even if they deserved to be on the team.

The TnFCA team had 39 ( I believe) kids on it and left off Cox, Sankey, Tollett and Hall. Again, I don't want to come across as saying anything negative about of those kids that were named to the team.  I will say that those four Tornadoes were easily in the top 39 players in 3A in the state.

I will also say that Cox, Sankey and Tre Foster (AE) were probably the three players in 3A that were the most dangerous on offense. Coaches had nightmares about stopping them and it they could have "drafted" any offensive players in 3A to their team, they probably would have been the first 3 taken.

and cox is even better on defense.

If you look at the "next level" from a college recruiting prospective,  Alcoa's QB Sam Vaulton,  is not on any of these top player list, as a Junior he is already a high 3 star recruit on 24/7 site.  He is currently the highest ranked player from Alcoa and ranked higher than Foster and Moore, the 3A Mr Football finalist and winner. Alcoa returns some serious talent next season!:thumb:

So, bring it you bunch of sissy baxter honey bees!!!:lol:

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:21 AM, BCsportsfan said:

If you look at the "next level" from a college recruiting prospective,  Alcoa's QB Sam Vaulton,  is not on any of these top player list, as a Junior he is already a high 3 star recruit on 24/7 site.  He is currently the highest ranked player from Alcoa and ranked higher than Foster and Moore, the 3A Mr Football finalist and winner. Alcoa returns some serious talent next season!:thumb:

So, bring it you bunch of sissy baxter honey bees!!!:lol:

BC,

Can you think of any year when the Tornadoes had more senior starters? Especially so many that only play on way? 9 returning on a defense that outscored the region 304-0  and all the skill positions starters on offense.  Probably have 3 senior starters on the O line next year.

Next year could be special.

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

BC,

Can you think of any year when the Tornadoes had more senior starters? Especially so many that only play on way? 9 returning on a defense that outscored the region 304-0  and all the skill positions starters on offense.  Probably have 3 senior starters on the O line next year.

Next year could be special.

Yes, only 2005 team comes close. A few OL holes to fill and the rest is SOLID!!!:thumb:

• Like 1