Marion County football coach Joey Mathis resigns after four seasons

CoachT

This is a very hard day for our community. Coach Mathis and his family are like family to all of us. He has resigned with respect, compassion and integrity for our kids, school, and program. We all know how the last few coaches left our program. The last one has proven since he left that he was never committed to us in the first place.  I am so happy to call Coach Mathis our friend and we wish him nothing but the best. It is hard to pass up an opportunity to return closer to your immediate family. I have never met a coach that taught respect, integrity, and love for the game like Coach Mathis did for Marion County. He taught our kids that there is more to the game of football than what is on the scoreboard. He taught them how to be great men in our community, great husbands, and great dads. ll be very hard to replace in our community. I know what kind of man Coach Mathis was and I guarantee he will leave his best plays as well as his new plays he had for the 2020 season for this staff to continue their good work with our kids. I say good luck Coach Mathis. You were a true friend and mentor to our kids. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! One more time for you friend.

FEAR THE BEARD!

Edited by MarionMadness