Marion County football coach Joey Mathis resigns after four seasons

CoachT

Well that certainly helps  clear some things up for us outsiders.  The money/retirement piece is huge I would say.  So you figure he gives you at least 3 to 4 years, based on his record looks like he consistently wins 2/3rds of his games in most years and you know what you get with ties from the past.  I guess where I was going with all that is its kinda telling of the state of the program at Dade and what the immediate future looks like if hes already jumping ship after only 1 season to drive further and further less money on the front end, but the retirement piece a year earlier is all that matters I suppose.  

4 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

You guys kill me acting like your in the know.  Report it with some initials or hints or something if you feel your source is credible otherwise don't get on hear acting like you know , good grief we can all get on here and act like were in the know.  Youth South Pitt guys act like yall know more than even the people close to the action that do have factual knowledge and not just stirring the pot.  And please don't get on hear and say well out of respect I'm not gonna say anything?  LOL Heck with that, if you heard it, so have others so spill the beans, the reason you don't is because you don't have a clue!

The SP guys knew more than Jasper folks on this search. Didn’t you hear? We did the interviewing. :) Again, he is a class act. They are getting a good coach and good man. 

18 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... These jailhouse fellars think if they get this Pruitt man he can get some boys into the SEC.  You think im joking but im not. 

Coach Mathis and his MC staff did get 13 kids in college not SEC but college. And one from SP would not be at Berry if not for him.

AND I AIN'T JOKING NEITHER

11 hours ago, FormerMCHSWarrior said:

The last time Coach Grider stepped down how did that work out for you guys? So good that you begged him to come back and save the day. The next time it goes belly up do you think he will come back again?

Moore went 13 -2 and state runner up.  That 2nd year was a big issue with mamma ball.  Every head coach SP has had since the playoff system has made it to a title game.  At least the head coaches that actually coached a snap in a regulation game.