Bryson Rosser resigns at Central

HTV

12 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I’ve pretty much known for about a week it was gonna be Coach Craney. Couple of great candidates applied for it, but in the end it was the correct choice to make Craney the HC. Excited to get to work alongside him as I did coach Rosser. It’s a great day to be a Bobcat! Go Bobcats 

Would be interesting to know who all applied for it.

1 hour ago, DragonFan12 said:

Would be interesting to know who all applied for it.

It wasn’t very many because it happened so fast. However out of respect to our administration, I’ll refrain from giving names of the applicants. You would be surprised of a couple names, but in the end it was the best choice to make Craney HC. If HTV or somebody else wants to tell who all the applicants were, go ahead. I have a job to do and too much respect for our staff to spill the beans.

Edited by chsbobcat09

Great hire with Craney and glad he finally got his shot!  He has always been a great football mind even as a player at Greeneville leading that 2009 D to a State Runner up and beating an undefeated Redbank team who avg. 46 points a game and shut down the Keon Williams Rushing attack to only 13 points.  Central is in good hands!

On 1/11/2020 at 6:45 PM, HTV said:

The defensive coordinator, who is serving as the interim head coach, is obviously a great candidate,  but there will be no shortage of really good candidates apply. Knox County isn't a place where a hire is done quickly. Because of HR procedures it is normally a month long process, at least. 

Month long procedure because of HR?  How did Central get it done so fast then?

On 1/13/2020 at 9:36 PM, HTV said:

It's not that easy. 

Teaching and coaching are 2 different jobs. Proper protocol has to be followed and the powers that be in the central office do have to approve the move. 

Like I said, in the end I hope it's his job, but it's far from an automatic. I'm sure the AD wishes it were that easy. 

I'd be intrigued to hear the time a Principal didn't get to hire the coach they wanted.   Honestly don't believe that's happened too much recently.