TN SPORTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION (TSWA) 1A/2A ALL STATE FOOTBALL

Southtowner

29 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Keyshon Gross from LC more deserving. Also Colby mason, Abbott, or sheirs from LC are probably better than any defensive lineman they picked for that all state team. They should be there. How does the championship team that beat up every other team have less than greenback and south Pittsburg? How does that make sense? 

It doesn’t make much sense at all.

4 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

Keyshon Gross from LC more deserving. Also Colby mason, Abbott, or sheirs from LC are probably better than any defensive lineman they picked for that all state team. They should be there. How does the championship team that beat up every other team have less than greenback and south Pittsburg? How does that make sense? 

You did have a stout DL. Posed all kinds of problems for us. We adjusted in the semis to SP’s DL speed attack but looked lost at times against your DL. Probably had the most sacks/hurries on our QB than any other game with exception of our 1st game vs Loudon. Been too long to remember specifically. We scored on fast strikes and your O had the ball 3/4 of the time sustaining long drives. Wore players down going both ways playing mostly D all day. Your coach staff scouted & prepared well. You seemed to know our weaker areas. Looking back it’s almost forgetful we had a small lead late in the 3rd QTR. Then the wheels fell off in the 4th. You capitalized and we could not overcome the 3 injured starters down the stretch. So yes it was a 4th QTR beatdown lol! Honestly though your size & strength took it’s toll a play at a time from the get go. Our speed was a non factor on O because speed can’t kill until it get’s going downfield. Our QB was facing a jail break often and that marginalized our O. Well deserved win! How’s that LC RB that got injured? Hope he is recovering well.

2 hours ago, ladykee said:

You did have a stout DL. Posed all kinds of problems for us. We adjusted in the semis to SP’s DL speed attack but looked lost at times against your DL. Probably had the most sacks/hurries on our QB than any other game with exception of our 1st game vs Loudon. Been too long to remember specifically. We scored on fast strikes and your O had the ball 3/4 of the time sustaining long drives. Wore players down going both ways playing mostly D all day. Your coach staff scouted & prepared well. You seemed to know our weaker areas. Looking back it’s almost forgetful we had a small lead late in the 3rd QTR. Then the wheels fell off in the 4th. You capitalized and we could not overcome the 3 injured starters down the stretch. So yes it was a 4th QTR beatdown lol! Honestly though your size & strength took it’s toll a play at a time from the get go. Our speed was a non factor on O because speed can’t kill until it get’s going downfield. Our QB was facing a jail break often and that marginalized our O. Well deserved win! How’s that LC RB that got injured? Hope he is recovering well.

South Pitt and Lake County is like apples to oranges.Pitt had speed but lacked in size,60 roster rotating 27 deep should handle about any 1A team,especially one that only rotates about 14.Sometimes you need a little size to make big plays down the stretch.LC had better coaching also:mrgreen:SP should whip you all good next year tho....Maybe.

14 hours ago, TheCommander said:

It doesn’t make much sense at all.

Like everything else a lot of politics. And their is only a handful of reporters who get to vote on it. Mainly just your big city papers. So pretty much everyone pushes their own area. In west Tennessee it's pretty much just Jackson sun

21 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

This doesn't make sense to me. You mentioned that four players got snubbed from LC, but you said they are "probably better than any defensive lineman they for that all state team." Are they better or not? 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This doesn't make sense to me. You mentioned that four players got snubbed from LC, but you said they are "probably better than any defensive lineman they for that all state team." Are they better or not? 

Well I say probably because I’m bias and would like someone less bias to agree or disagree. But just from what I saw in the state championship game I’d take every single defensive linemen we start over any of the linemen voted from all state from greenback, and any other team for that matter. Although I haven’t seen the others play

36 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Well I say probably because I’m bias and would like someone less bias to agree or disagree. But just from what I saw in the state championship game I’d take every single defensive linemen we start over any of the linemen voted from all state from greenback, and any other team for that matter. Although I haven’t seen the others play

Not starting a debate just going to ask you specifically you think any of your DL should take the spot away from GB DL #52 Bailey (who signed to play for VTech and is an early enrollee there)? I’m not saying that any player should automatically get a nod based on their college signing status but there’s a reason he’s getting that opportunity. Just asking?

16 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Not starting a debate just going to ask you specifically you think any of your DL should take the spot away from GB DL #52 Bailey (who signed to play for VTech and is an early enrollee there)? I’m not saying that any player should automatically get a nod based on their college signing status but there’s a reason he’s getting that opportunity. Just asking?

When is your son signing with Tennessee?