TN SPORTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION (TSWA) 1A/2A ALL STATE FOOTBALL

Southtowner

2 hours ago, ladykee said:

Not starting a debate just going to ask you specifically you think any of your DL should take the spot away from GB DL #52 Bailey (who signed to play for VTech and is an early enrollee there)? I’m not saying that any player should automatically get a nod based on their college signing status but there’s a reason he’s getting that opportunity. Just asking?

I don’t think someone should get the nod just for a college offer. Just by the eye test, he was offered because of his size. He probably went to a few camps and did good enough in the drills to merit a offer, but watching the state game he was outplayed. I mean LC literally told them where they were running on the last 17 plays and they couldn’t do anything to stop it. Also imo the Jeffries kid was greenbacks best D linemen. I know he made at as a offensive linemen, which I think he is deserving of being all state even as a freshmen. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

I don’t think someone should get the nod just for a college offer. Just by the eye test, he was offered because of his size. He probably went to a few camps and did good enough in the drills to merit a offer, but watching the state game he was outplayed. I mean LC literally told them where they were running on the last 17 plays and they couldn’t do anything to stop it. Also imo the Jeffries kid was greenbacks best D linemen. I know he made at as a offensive linemen, which I think he is deserving of being all state even as a freshmen. 

I agree with you.53 was better and in the games I got to watch was always the better lineman.Offers don't mean nothing as far as I'm concerned.53 will be playing big time D-1 ball why 52 is wondering what happened.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

I would also say Huntington had some snubbed. Best 1A team LC played this year and had a good line. I don’t have any in particular to name, I’m sure the Huntington posters can help me out? 

Huntingdon didnt hold you to 8 points at the half!Give those kids SOME credit you deserved the penalties you aquired,GB was outmatched but still was leading in the 4th.That was a good game.:eek:

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Huntingdon didnt hold you to 8 points at the half!Give those kids SOME credit you deserved the penalties you aquired,GB was outmatched but still was leading in the 4th.That was a good game.:eek:

We held ourselves to 8 points. And some of those penalties should not have been called, in the end it doesn’t matter we still controlled the entire game. Greenback would not beat Huntington though. Wouldn’t be able to stop their offense and Huntington has a great secondary. Not saying greenback is a bad team, just not better than LC or Huntington 

3 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

I agree with you.53 was better and in the games I got to watch was always the better lineman.Offers don't mean nothing as far as I'm concerned.53 will be playing big time D-1 ball why 52 is wondering what happened.

I wouldn’t say all that lol a good coach could probably mold him into a good linemen. He’s got the size he needs to get some meanness to him if you know what I mean. 52 that is, 53 has all the qualities of a future D-1 starter for sure 

Edited by Outsider1998

On 1/10/2020 at 2:49 AM, Outsider1998 said:

Jeffries has a motor for sure & to do what he does at his age is not found often. He’s got a natural nastiness about him but off field he’s a mild laid back young man. He can flip the switch!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ladykee said:

Jeffries has a motor for sure & to do what he does at his age is not found often. He’s got a natural nastiness about him but off field he’s a mild laid back young man. He can flip the switch!

LRDAO... He is a real good player but should have been tossed when Grider played that Ryan man for throwing hay makers.  You think im joking but im not.