District 13 AA Top 4. who you got

WhereYouAt

14 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Unless something has recently changed, each district is left to decide how their tournament is formatted. Each district has a meeting to decide amongst themselves, thus there's no "set" way to do it. One district (now defunct) that we were part of years back voted to rotate, but most that I'm familiar with "bid" to host, and how to split revenue. I personally enjoyed rotation... it gave every school an opportunity to shine if they chose to do so, and I also enjoy experiencing all the diverse sub cultures and traditions visiting schools that we don't schedule for their tournaments.

District tournaments are totally autonomous. The TSSAA doesn't even require a district tournament. A district COULD just send it's top 4 from regular season to the region. They obviously won't because of additional revenue and the chance for upsets but each district can totally decide for themselves how to organize their district tournament and where it is held.

9 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

District tournaments are totally autonomous. The TSSAA doesn't even require a district tournament. A district COULD just send it's top 4 from regular season to the region. They obviously won't because of additional revenue and the chance for upsets but each district can totally decide for themselves how to organize their district tournament and where it is held.

**New Information..I didn't know this.

I work at a middle school and they do the rotation. I seem to like that. Each school gets to make the concessions revenue and all the work is not on the same school/people every year. Also, as stated above gives you the opportunity to have diversity in your school

I think I would favor a roation as well. Only problem is some schools are going to be better hosts than others. Concessions, general location to the other schools, and facilities play into this. 

I know several high school football programs have gotten away from going to a jamboree every year where they have to split the money evenly with the other schools that show up. Several programs have gotten away from this because so many schools show up without any ticket buying fans but they are getting a full share of the money. 

Crockett played pretty well tonight. SGC could not hit from behind the arch. Really, really, bad shooting. Crockett was determined to shut down the the inside game of the SG and they did. Left SGC players wide open from downtown and we simply could not get them to fall. Probably shot 15%ish... 

Also, Im not sure what happened in the last 20 seconds of the game but they mysteriously ran like 10 seconds off the clock...

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Y’all have a big game Friday. 

Honestly, our next 3 games are big. If we win them all we are regular season champs. If screw up , and lose one of them and Crockett wins out we are going to be tied with them. I think I would come down to  a coin toss if we tied. I would prefer not to leave it to a coin toss and just go ahead and win it straight out. 

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

Honestly, our next 3 games are big. If we win them all we are regular season champs. If screw up , and lose one of them and Crockett wins out we are going to be tied with them. I think I would come down to  a coin toss if we tied. I would prefer not to leave it to a coin toss and just go ahead and win it straight out. 

Isn’t yalls tournament in Crockett Co this year?