District 13 AA Top 4. who you got

WhereYouAt

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

SGC win by 17 tonight over Milan. 

SGC still has a very tough road to hoe.. Crockett, DBurg, WV, and Obion left to play. It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Not knocking yalls win at all, Milan is a very very very weak team! The biggest shock to me is how Dyersburg is going dwn the wrong direction so close to tournament time! Good win SG

14 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Educate me please. Is the Tourney host just selected in order from year to year? Do the schools bid to host it? Is it selected by coaches or does the TSSAA have a process. Just curious. 

To my knowledge, if the district is not on a cycle, then the schools who wish to host nominate themselves and then its voted on 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Educate me please. Is the Tourney host just selected in order from year to year? Do the schools bid to host it? Is it selected by coaches or does the TSSAA have a process. Just curious. 

I don't know but it should be on a rotation. The only problem with that is the drive. Also, some gyms are not capable of holding it due to facilities. I think District 13 rotates it but district 14 must vote because it was at Chester forever until a few years ago it was at McNairy and this year Lexington. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhereYouAt said:

I don't know but it should be on a rotation. The only problem with that is the drive. Also, some gyms are not capable of holding it due to facilities. I think District 13 rotates it but district 14 must vote because it was at Chester forever until a few years ago it was at McNairy and this year Lexington. 

I think it should be a rotation. As stated some schools may not be able to hold the capacity, at that point it should go to the next school in rotation. JMO

6 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Once upon a time, Dyersburg hosted Districts and Regions several years in a row. Over the last few years, District 13AA has rotated among teams. 

19-20 - Crockett
18-19 - Dyersburg
17-18 - OC
16-17 - SGC
15-16 - Milan
14-15 - Westview

On the District 13AA side, schools hosting the Districts also hosted Regions going back at least to the 14-15 season. 

9 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

Unless something has recently changed, each district is left to decide how their tournament is formatted. Each district has a meeting to decide amongst themselves, thus there's no "set" way to do it. One district (now defunct) that we were part of years back voted to rotate, but most that I'm familiar with "bid" to host, and how to split revenue. I personally enjoyed rotation... it gave every school an opportunity to shine if they chose to do so, and I also enjoy experiencing all the diverse sub cultures and traditions visiting schools that we don't schedule for their tournaments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Unless something has recently changed, each district is left to decide how their tournament is formatted. Each district has a meeting to decide amongst themselves, thus there's no "set" way to do it. One district (now defunct) that we were part of years back voted to rotate, but most that I'm familiar with "bid" to host, and how to split revenue. I personally enjoyed rotation... it gave every school an opportunity to shine if they chose to do so, and I also enjoy experiencing all the diverse sub cultures and traditions visiting schools that we don't schedule for their tournaments.

Agree