Glass House Picks in Single A

pioneer42

15 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

They only lost by 1 in the semifinals last year of the region tournament. Huntingdon is a better team this year, Summertown lost its best player.

That and Huntingdon has a new coach in Wilkins that has them playing fast and tough. I thought he was over doing it with all of the running and constant practicing and it was going to burn them out. Right now it has them firing on all cylinders. Different mindset from previous years.

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown still has 6-1 post 6 foot power forward / point guard been to state 3 years in row and Kaley replacement can shoot lites out / biggest lose on defense Kaley led state in steals / rotation take while to adjust be we be fine 

Summertown still with Long and the big post that can take over a game. They got a lot of talent. Playing that region in your neck of the woods will be an advantage too. Going to be interesting for sure.

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies are improving, we'll see how much Monday night at Greenfield. Fillies are a fast, long team that just got faster with our transfer. Hopefully we can cut down on our turnovers and give the Jackets a game Monday night. Greenfield press is so tough, . they are so long and quick. They destroyed a good Dresden team Friday night. Jackets might very well run the table. Looking forward to this matchup. Go Fillies

I agree they have to handle the pressure as we all do. They are well coached. If they handle the pressure they will give Greenfield a respectable game. If not it will be an uphill battle. Going to be very interesting to see how the new transfer helps the backcourt and gets involved. I think by Feb. they will be tougher for sure. It will be a packed house tomm. Night in Greenfield.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies are improving, we'll see how much Monday night at Greenfield. Fillies are a fast, long team that just got faster with our transfer. Hopefully we can cut down on our turnovers and give the Jackets a game Monday night. Greenfield press is so tough, . they are so long and quick. They destroyed a good Dresden team Friday night. Jackets might very well run the table. Looking forward to this matchup. Go Fillies

Heard several schools in the district have contacted TSSAA about the transfer from Clarksburg - Wonder if she will be playing Monday night? One said the are looking into possible recruiting violations??? Apparently she has been telling folks that she was recruited to come there. Hope that isnt the case for her or Huntington.

25 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Heard several schools in the district have contacted TSSAA about the transfer from Clarksburg - Wonder if she will be playing Monday night? One said the are looking into possible recruiting violations??? Apparently she has been telling folks that she was recruited to come there. Hope that isnt the case for her or Huntington.

If the kid made a move and hasn’t played since the move no where but Huntingdon she is fine, IMO. Wherever a kid is going they have to contact the coach and ask questions about a transfer. Don’t believe recruiting violations one bit. Hard to prove that. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

She was not recruited. The young lady is a pretty good athlete but doesn’t change the team much. She is about the 7th or 8th best player on the squad to be honest.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Honestly, I didn’t know Clarksburg cared enough about girls basketball to turn anything into the TSSAA. 

They care about ball and have had some good players but most have left. I coached them several years ago with some Medina girls at a young age working fundamentals and scrimmaging and was using their gym a lot with a coach who used to coach Heather Butler at Medina Middle. Peterson, Autry and Tucker are a few I remember. They were all good kids and played hard and parents were all in on basketball. Shelby Pace was involved also. But I believe the transfer is 100% legit based on my Huntingdon connections and I would bet my house she wasn’t recruited. These guys don’t roll like that. Even it if was a Chloe Moore type player I wouldn’t believe it. And this girl is a pretty good player but she won’t be a starter, IMO.

Edited by pioneer42