Glass House Picks in Single A

pioneer42

36 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

There’s a pretty darn good team in 6A (I think that’s the district now) that no one is talking about, but they soon will be. Red Boiling Springs is getting better and better. I watched them earlier in the year when they played Upperman and for 2 1/2 quarters they held their own. They came within 4 points at Clarkrange the other night.  I’ve watched all 3 teams play and to me Pickett County is the more we’ll rounded team but it’s hard to pick against Clarkrange.  The twins are just too good but their post play is suspect. I look for these 3 teams to battle it out for the district tournament crown and into the semis of the region. 

I would think Clarkrange would be the favorite in that region, they have beat some good teams this year, I watched Pickett play and they lost by 30, just hard to bet against Clarkrange.

Edited by Dadof2

1 hour ago, allsportsmatter said:

that is yet to be seen cloudland is very good i still think we win state this year or next

Sounds like East Tennessee has some good teams. Midway was probably the quickest team we played last year other than a South Side or Greenfield. If they would have had a big post or two they would have been more of a handful. We had a war with them in the semis. I was impressed with their guard play and quickness. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Sounds like East Tennessee has some good teams. Midway was probably the quickest team we played last year other than a South Side or Greenfield. If they would have had a big post or two they would have been more of a handful. We had a war with them in the semis. I was impressed with their guard play and quickness. 

Not really, 1A is down in East TN this year, outside of North Greene and Cloudland, most teams are down. I think North Greene has a good chance to go this year and Cloudland has a chance as well, but I have noticed that they have been in some close games with some bad teams, to me that is a sign of youth, so they could be a couple years out, but if I had to pick, I would go with North Greene and Oneida to make it out of region 1 and 2, but it all depends on the drawl because at the top of 1A there’s 3 to 4 really good teams.

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Not really, 1A is down in East TN this year, outside of North Greene and Cloudland, most teams are down. I think North Greene has a good chance to go this year and Cloudland has a chance as well, but I have noticed that they have been in some close games with some bad teams, to me that is a sign of youth, so they could be a couple years out, but if I had to pick, I would go with North Greene and Oneida to make it out of region 1 and 2, but it all depends on the drawl because at the top of 1A there’s 3 to 4 really good teams.

we start 4 jr's and 1 senior who have started for 2 years not that young

15 hours ago, allsportsmatter said:

we start 4 jr's and 1 senior who have started for 2 years not that young

As a general rule, when you get to Murfreesboro you best have your A game or you will get beat. Some areas are better than others and it varies by year but usually you have 8 good teams.

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Those teams that go “ regularly “ and we all know who they are don’t have the initial shock of just being there and how quickly they adjust to that 1st game jitters determine how Well they do 

Teams always get a little nervous but I have seen some just get out of kilter. It is a culture shock for most at first and some lose it the way the refs call the game. As a rule if it is a foul they will call it for the most part. Lot of refs let the physical play go in the regular season as many teams play physical, slap, jab, hand heck and foul with the body a lot and get in foul trouble there. Any thing can happen there. Seen some big upsets up there that wasn’t supposed to happen.

Edited by pioneer42

30 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

We  (Summertown ) play in tournament in Maryville that refs let everything go - Covington beats us up pretty good - won but had no legs next night against Maryville Heritage - same things happens at boro again draw means everything 

Draw means a ton. You get up there and have to beat three of the best teams up there to win it in consecutive days is rough. I don’t care how good you are it takes a toll on you. It is a true blessing to get there. If GC gets there we may not win it but we will be confident.

18 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

All teams that get there are fairly good and have punchers chance but don’t see anybody upsetting Greenfield - they got  basically same team that beat us in finals 2 years ago - amazing they didn’t win last year but like I said punchers chance 

They didn’t have the quality depth they did when they played Summertown in 2018. They lost three quality role players they didn’t have last year. This year they added a really good one that helps and didn’t lose any. They shouldn’t lose but I will assure you the other 7 teams will not forfeit and they could very well be undefeated and that adds a little pressure. 

Edited by pioneer42