Glass House picks for DII-A

Intense

Strength is definitely in the West and they will have 2 more teams in the final 4. I don't think it's out of the question that all 4 teams could come from this end of the state. That would certainly set up well for TCA, given that they have battled these teams all year. TRA has shown that they can play with them on a couple of occasions for sure. TCA has better quality depth and those fresh horses late in the game have allowed them to pull away from most competition. They should be heavy favorites moving forward.

1 hour ago, Intense said:

I think the West will sweep Friday night.

USJ wins by 10 over Goodpasture.

TCA wins by 12 over Clarksville Academy.

Tipton-Rosemark by 20 over Webb.

Harding by 15 over Kings Academy.

it will be very interesting how they rebracket the final 4.  

Let's assume all four teams from the West win on Friday. Obviously, the brackets are redrawn as you will have had number one seeds lose. Should all four West teams win the only way that it could be seeded would be 1 TCA 2 TRA 3 USJ 4 Harding Academy. That should make semi final matchups featuring 2 TRA v 3 USJ and 1 TCA v 4 Harding Academy. Any other seeding would be totally illogical.

Edited by ReitzFan

Haven't gotten an opportunity to watch much DII this year, but have seen USJ and TCA and both are really good.

TCA's best shot at a state title is probably this year with talented upper and underclassmen. They've been right on the verge of being a title contender in D-I, I think this year is the year to try and pull it off.

USJ has a lot of younger talent and should have a shot over the next few seasons. TCA seems to be slightly better this year, but USJ has given them tough games before TCA pulls away in the 2nd half. 

I know TRA is supposed to be really talented as well. Can never sleep on the other end of the state, but there is certainly a lot of good basketball out West.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Let's assume all four teams from the West win on Friday. Obviously, the brackets are redrawn as you will have had number one seeds lose. Should all four West teams win the only way that it could be seeded would be 1 TCA 2 TRA 3 USJ 4 Harding Academy. That should make semi final matchups featuring 2 TRA v 3 USJ and 1 TCA v 4 Harding Academy. Any other seeding would be totally illogical.

That’s my thinking as well but you never know what they will do.  

I am very surprised the Middle TN teams are getting handled the way West TN is handling them. CPA has a lot of tradition winning the AA state back to back and if not for us winning it and beating them the year before they might have won another one. It will be interesting how these games shape up Friday Night.

Edited by pioneer42

Ok.   I'll join the conversation and add some common sense to this.   East TN is extremely well represented and if you think Kings Academy is going to be easy.   Someone from the West better do some research.   They have a sophomore Guard with 8 Div 1 offers.   A sophomore PG that will have many Div 2 offers and a few Div 1 and they beat Lakeway Christian once this year with those guards scoring 55 points combined!   They have another very good shooter who is committed to Milligan.  They have a solid Top 8 kids .   They have Ht. speed and can flat out play.   All their losses are against top teams in higher classifications.    If Harding thinks they walk in and win by 15.....they will walk home getting ready for the swimming pool to open.

Edited by etnhoops

6 minutes ago, etnhoops said:

Ok.   I'll join the conversation and add some common sense to this.   East TN is extremely well represented and if you think Kings Academy is going to be easy.   Someone from the West better do some research.   They have a sophomore Guard with 8 Div 1 offers.   A sophomore PG that will have many Div 2 offers and they beat Lakeway Christian once this year with those guards scoring 55 points combined!   They have another very good shooter and A solid Top 8 kids .   They have Ht. speed and can flat out play.   All their losses are against top teams in higher classifications.    If Harding thinks they walk in and win by 15.....they will walk home getting ready for the swimming pool to open.

I knew Kings Academy could play. I knew they beat Lakeway Christian. I also know Goodpasture is not a pushover either. Know there is still meat on the chicken bone. A lot of it actually. Ought to be some wars.

9 hours ago, etnhoops said:

Ok.   I'll join the conversation and add some common sense to this.   East TN is extremely well represented and if you think Kings Academy is going to be easy.   Someone from the West better do some research.   They have a sophomore Guard with 8 Div 1 offers.   A sophomore PG that will have many Div 2 offers and a few Div 1 and they beat Lakeway Christian once this year with those guards scoring 55 points combined!   They have another very good shooter who is committed to Milligan.  They have a solid Top 8 kids .   They have Ht. speed and can flat out play.   All their losses are against top teams in higher classifications.    If Harding thinks they walk in and win by 15.....they will walk home getting ready for the swimming pool to open.

King's Academy will be in the final four with USJ, TCA and Tipton.  I think that Tipton may get them in the semi's because as good as those sophomores are, and they are good, sometimes the nerves get younger players on the big stage.  Tipton and TCA play for the 4th time for the gold ball. The winner will be determined by how the refs call the game and who gets in foul trouble, if anyone.  Going to be fun!

13 hours ago, etnhoops said:

First off, I would like to welcome you to the conversation. It is always good when we can get the perspective of some of the teams from the East. Let me also assure you that nobody from TCA is overlooking The King's Academy. We respect all opponents and especially those who are still playing basketball at this time of the year. I'm sure the other schools in the West feel the same way. Personally, I think there are many people who follow basketball across the state who are surprised that all four teams from the division two West region are still alive and have made it to the Elite 8 of our tournament.

You did note that you hoped that the teams in the West did their research and you pointed out some of the strengths of TKA. We in the West know of your strengths, we respect them, and we are preparing for them. I do caution you and say that I hope that you have done your research on the West as well. A storm is brewing here in West Tennessee. Our four remaining teams certainly have no love for one another and have beaten on each other all season long. On Friday that storm will be barreling east on interstate 40 like a freight train going wide open downhill. I hope that everybody is going to be braced for the collision. There are only a total of seven games left in this basketball season. After Friday night we will be down to a mere three games. Here's hoping for some epic battles on Friday!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, etnhoops said:

I love Common sense. It always pays off in the long run. 

• Upvote 1