Glass House picks for DII-A

Intense

30 minutes ago, Iceman100 said:

Final Four game- stats show #3 had zero points outside of free throws. Harding is irrelevant.  Not negating not a good PG, only stating, easily shut down, which, in big games, critical.  No one could shut Sullivan down. She played thru 5 players all the way to the basket.  You are right, let’s see who shows up to dominate tomorrow.   But your point of 3 guards on the floor who hoop in the big leagues in the Summer, and bring it in big games,... well, let’s chat tomorrow around 1-1:30.   Post players will play each other tomorrow head to head, hopefully that unicorn horn won’t knock a player out and they will be seeing rainbows, now that would be GOOFY.

Watched TKA yesterday and they are real good. They play with a ton of confidence and poise. As bad as TCA played in the first three quarters, they turned it on in the forth and in OT. In OT they definitely looked like the better conditioned team. The Vailes kid is a player. I am more impressed with her every time I see her play. Tommorow it will be about who turns the ball over, IMO. If the TKA guards can handle the ball, TCA will have their hands full. I have TCA by 10 tommorow. TCA played really bad for three quarters and won by 5. Just don’t think they play that bad again. 

35 minutes ago, Intense said:

That’s why I said Greenfield.  They are the best team in West Tn bar none.  They are the only team outside TRA in West Tn that can play with TCA. 

You made the happy hour early didn’t you? Westview, Gibson County and Union City can play with TCA. TCA is a better team than Gibson County and Union City but to say they can’t play with them is not accurate. I don’t know that you beat Westview right now either.

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You made the happy hour early didn’t you? Westview, Gibson County and Union City can play with TCA. TCA is a better team than Gibson County and Union City but to say they can’t play with them is not accurate. I don’t know that you beat Westview right now either.

Yes we can beat Westview.

10 minutes ago, Intense said:

Yes we can beat Westview.

You can beat them, but they could beat you too I believe. Got two D-1 players and a real good supporting cast. Greenfield would probably have trouble with them now as well. Good luck tomm!! Hope you guys win it!!

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

First of all, I acknowledge that TKA is a quality team. You don't get here unless you are. We all know the strength of TKA so I will dispense with that conversation.

Weaknesses that I see in TKA are the fact that in the semifinals they had three girls who did not come off the floor. They played 32 minutes each. Obviously you have to have good legs and great wind to be able to play the game at a high level and not come off the floor. TKA also had only three shots taken in the previous game by non-starters. What that tells me is that there is a lack of depth on the TKA team. You may not see it right off the bat but I see the defensive pressure of TCA eventually wearing down TKA. TCA can throw nine players at you with little to no drop off in talent from the starting five. It is obvious that TCA can still put forth great effort even when thier Miss Basketball candidate has an off night. With TCA, you have to defend each girl on the floor hard because each girl can score. Offensively, TCA will force TKA to stretch their defense as at least four of the TCA starters are reliable three-ball threats. That will create spacing within the defense and allow TCA to penetrate for mid-level and inside shots. TCA also has outstanding post play. In the semifinal game on Thursday, TCA got 37 points out of their post players. Whereas most teams are fortunate to have one quality post player, TCA can throw three of them at you. If needed, the Lions can go aircraft carrier on you and have all three in the game at the same time. TCA is also a team that can rely on multiple defenses. That tells me that you cannot just set on one type of offense against TCA as they will throw many different looks at you.

Bottom line is that I see this game being close in the early parts of the contest with TCA gradually gaining an advantage as the game goes on due to the stress and pressure that TCA will put TKA under, and with that, TKA will expend greater amounts of energy. After a close first quarter, or even first half, I see TCA pulling away in the second half for a double digit win against TKA.

Edited by ReitzFan

5 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

When you directly attack a high school kid, anybody has the right to be defensive. Besides, when was the last time in a state semifinal game did you nail four of five from beyond the three-point line?

And to answer your question from another post, yes Greenfield did beat us back in late November. But I suspect you already knew that. You never did answer a question that I asked of you which was who is your team and where are they playing at this Saturday at noon?

Can’t wait to hear your call of the game tomorrow because I don’t think I will be able to make it in person. Good luck to TCA.  No way they come out as shaky as they did on Thursday.  I think they win by 20.  Then softball season officially starts for everyone!