Glass House picks for DII-A

Intense

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Thanks BPM!!! It was not easy. But it’s never supposed to be. How you like the bush shakin boss!

Y'all doing a good job of shakin' the bush BigEd, but I'm sort of feelin' sorry for that AAU coach man... another post or two and his momma going to ground him from the computer for throwin' tantrums!!! Five will get you ten that he's been screamin' at his screen while typing. His cage ain't rattled, his head gasket is blown,

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Y'all doing a good job of shakin' the bush BigEd, but I'm sort of feelin' sorry for that AAU coach man... another post or two and his momma going to ground him from the computer for throwin' tantrums!!! Five will get you ten that he's been screamin' at his screen while typing. His cage ain't rattled, his head gasket is blown,

Hahahahahaha

I want to try to get back on topic for a moment and give more kudos to Kings Academy.  First of all, their post players were much better than I thought.  I’m super impressed with #23 who is only an 8th grader.  She is going to be really really good in the next two to three years.  Burgess is also an outstanding player that is very crafty with the ball and can shoot the three.  She ended up being their leading scorer today according to TSSAA stats.  I’ve already said quite a lot about Sullivan but certainly could say more because she is an unreal talent.  What a lot of people don’t realize is that TKA’s legs were worn down in the second half from all the pressure.  TKA did turn it over but not necessarily a lot but they had to work hard breaking the presses and traps which eventually caused them to shoot a much lower percentage in the second half and made some mistakes they might not otherwise make due to fatigue.  The goal with pressing isn’t always turnovers.  Fatigue and quick shots are just as important as turnovers when pressing.  TCA wisely used their freshmen to pressure TKA’s top guards and their Seniors then stepped up and got it done.  Also, kudos to #1 for TKA.  She had a great game and really hurt TCA as they were focusing on the other 2 guards.  Good luck to TKA next year.  I will be shocked if they aren’t playing for a gold ball next year.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intense said:

I want to try to get back on topic for a moment and give more kudos to Kings Academy.  First of all, their post players were much better than I thought.  I’m super impressed with #23 who is only an 8th grader.  She is going to be really really good in the next two to three years.  Burgess is also an outstanding player that is very crafty with the ball and can shoot the three.  She ended up being their leading scorer today according to TSSAA stats.  I’ve already said quite a lot about Sullivan but certainly could say more because she is an unreal talent.  What a lot of people don’t realize is that TKA’s legs were worn down in the second half from all the pressure.  TKA did turn it over but not necessarily a lot but they had to work hard breaking the presses and traps which eventually caused them to shoot a much lower percentage in the second half and made some mistakes they might not otherwise make due to fatigue.  The goal with pressing isn’t always turnovers.  Fatigue and quick shots are just as important as turnovers when pressing.  TCA wisely used their freshmen to pressure TKA’s top guards and their Seniors then stepped up and got it done.  Also, kudos to #1 for TKA.  She had a great game and really hurt TCA as they were focusing on the other 2 guards.  Good luck to TKA next year.  I will be shocked if they aren’t playing for a gold ball next year.  

Was that you today on the bench for TCA ? Congratulations to TCA for winning the gold and to TKA winning the silver. 

1 hour ago, Intense said:

Thought TKA took a bad shot trailing by 1 under a minute left. Thought the three they took at the end was a pretty good look just didn’t drop. Thought TCA played better when the pressure was on than TKA. Kristen Goehring making 2 big FT’s and Pagoagua making some big buckets along with Sally with the in and out move to the basket was big. TKA was solid though. Very good team. Pretty amazing basketball for Greenfield, Gibson County and now TCA to get Gold Balls and may have possibly another this week. Speaks very highly of how strong basketball has become in this area.

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Thought TKA took a bad shot trailing by 1 under a minute left. Thought the three they took at the end was a pretty good look just didn’t drop. Thought TCA played better when the pressure was on than TKA. Kristen Goehring making 2 big FT’s and Pagoagua making some big buckets along with Sally with the in and out move to the basket was big. TKA was solid though. Very good team. Pretty amazing basketball for Greenfield, Gibson County and now TCA to get Gold Balls and may have possibly another this week. Speaks very highly of how strong basketball has become in this area.

Lol...Had Kristen Goehring actually played in Saturdays game, there would have been TKA bodies laying on the floor. She was a beast back in the day at Ole Miss.

No question that "Paggs" was the MVP. Her play over the course of the semifinals and finals was simply outstanding. When she had the ball in her hands, "Paggs" was in beast mode. The Blonde Bomber did not have a great game offensively today. Nevertheless, she ran the show with her steady hand. She was taking charge on the floor with her leadership. And when it was the ultimate crunch time, The Blonde Bomber was clutch with the baseline drive. I would also like to extend congratulations to Macey Lee. While she struggled offensively over the last two days, she did what great players always do when they struggle. She kept plugging away while not dwelling on past misses. Lee also topped the 2000 point mark for her career on Saturday. Her final points gave her 2002 for her brilliant career which will now continue at Division 1 North Alabama. Intense was so spot-on with his analysis of a press. It's not always about getting the turnover early. A press is just as effective when it forces and opponent to expend energy at a rate that they do not want to. One of the unsung heroes for TCA over the last couple of days was freshman Carden Vailes. I personally think that she will do great things over the next three years for the Lady Lions. Everyone who played for TCA this weekend made an impact on delivering the gold ball to Windy City Road. Every substitute player that did not get in the game also contributed by pushing our front line players hard everyday in  practice and in preparation for Saturday. I am so proud and happy for each and every one of them. Even though I had to miss a good chunk of the second half of the season due to back injuries, this team, it's coaches, and fans made this season very enjoyable for me. I am forever grateful. I learned lessons from this team on how to face adversity. I will try to use those lessons in the struggles that I will face in the very near future with major back surgery.

This 2019/2020 basketball season was one heck of a ride!

3 hours ago, Intense said:

Great job preparing your girls all season for Games like these, Coach!  Celebrate tie Gold Ball for a while, then start preparing you girls for next year!

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

Lol...Had Kristen Goehring actually played in Saturdays game, there would have been TKA bodies laying on the floor. She was a beast back in the day at Ole Miss.

No question that "Paggs" was the MVP. Her play over the course of the semifinals and finals was simply outstanding. When she had the ball in her hands, "Paggs" was in beast mode. The Blonde Bomber did not have a great game offensively today. Nevertheless, she ran the show with her steady hand. She was taking charge on the floor with her leadership. And when it was the ultimate crunch time, The Blonde Bomber was clutch with the baseline drive. I would also like to extend congratulations to Macey Lee. While she struggled offensively over the last two days, she did what great players always do when they struggle. She kept plugging away while not dwelling on past misses. Lee also topped the 2000 point mark for her career on Saturday. Her final points gave her 2002 for her brilliant career which will now continue at Division 1 North Alabama. Intense was so spot-on with his analysis of a press. It's not always about getting the turnover early. A press is just as effective when it forces and opponent to expend energy at a rate that they do not want to. One of the unsung heroes for TCA over the last couple of days was freshman Carden Vailes. I personally think that she will do great things over the next three years for the Lady Lions. Everyone who played for TCA this weekend made an impact on delivering the gold ball to Windy City Road. Every substitute player that did not get in the game also contributed by pushing our front line players hard everyday in  practice and in preparation for Saturday. I am so proud and happy for each and every one of them. Even though I had to miss a good chunk of the second half of the season due to back injuries, this team, it's coaches, and fans made this season very enjoyable for me. I am forever grateful. I learned lessons from this team on how to face adversity. I will try to use those lessons in the struggles that I will face in the very near future with major back surgery.

This 2019/2020 basketball season was one heck of a ride!

Good luck to you in your upcoming surgery.  If you throw up a ‘goose-egg’ in the first qtr, just know you can still come back and win!