Blair Prep Duals 2020

TrustMe

Shane Van Ness is still hurt so he didn’t wrestle and that was the only weight that Baylor won against Blair.   

WOW, Blair is crazy good.  

Marc-Anthony McGowan (Blair Academy) over Nick Cordey (Baylor School) (MD 10-1)

Mason Stefanelli (Blair Academy) over Jackson Bond (Baylor School) (Dec 4-0)

Ryan Miller (Blair Academy) over Kade Hartline (Baylor School) (TF 22-7 4:36)

Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Blair Academy) over Ryan Tisdale (Baylor School) (Fall 0:36)

Noah Horst (Baylor School) over Louis Colaiocco (Blair Academy) (MD 8-0)

Lucas Chittum (Blair Academy) over Garrison Dendy (Baylor School) (Fall 5:59)

Lorenzo Norman (Blair Academy) over Chase Radpour (Baylor School) (Fall 1:39)

Travis Mastrogiovanni (Blair Academy) over Anthony Mannella (Baylor School) (Fall 0:37)

Thomas Stewart (Blair Academy) over Omaury Alvarez (Baylor School) (Dec 7-5)

Sean Kilrain (Blair Academy) over Ronald Garriques (Baylor School) (MD 13-5)

Rylan Rogers (Blair Academy) over Connor Duffy (Baylor School) (Dec 11-5)

Peyton Craft (Blair Academy) over David Harper (Baylor School) (Dec 6-2)

Noah Pettigrew (Blair Academy) over Barre Chambers (Baylor School) (Fall 1:35)

Eijah Anthony (Blair Academy) over Samuel Chritensen (Baylor School) (Dec 2-0)

Team Score:

Tyler Vazquez (Delbarton School) over Nick Cordey (Baylor School) (Dec 4-2)

Cross Wasilewski (Delbarton School) over Jackson Bond (Baylor School) (MD 11-3)

Joseph Davi (Delbarton School) over Kade Hartline (Baylor School) (TF 16-1 0:00)

Ryan Tisdale (Baylor School) over Thomas Fischer (Delbarton School) (MD 9-1)

Simon Ruiz (Delbarton School) over Noah Horst (Baylor School) (Dec 7-2)

Garrison Dendy (Baylor School) over Henry Forte (Delbarton School) (Fall 0:55)

Stephen O`Neil, Jr. (Delbarton School) over Chase Radpour (Baylor School) (MD 11-3)

Colin Calvetti (Delbarton School) over Anthony Mannella (Baylor School) (Dec 7-5)

Omaury Alvarez (Baylor School) over Luke Geleta (Delbarton School) (Fall 3:40)

Dante Stefanelli (Delbarton School) over Ronald Garriques (Baylor School) (MD 13-4)

Connor Duffy (Baylor School) over Nicholas Olivieri (Delbarton School) (Dec 5-0)

Luke Chakonis (Delbarton School) over David Harper (Baylor School) (Dec 3-1)

P.J. Casale (Delbarton School) over Barre Chambers (Baylor School) (TF 18-3 0:00)

Samuel Chritensen (Baylor School) over Unknown (For.)
Team Score: Delbarton 37 Baylor 25    
Edited by durdon

Van Ness wrestled just fine against Delbartons 132 in the dual prior to the dual with Baylor.  Blair chose to send Coliaocco out to wrestle 132 and not Van Ness.  

Why can't we as supporters of wrestling in TN, not support each other on the national stage. Why does it have to be an excuse that Baylor won one match against Blair? Why can't you just congratulate the the team on competing with some of the best teams in the country today?  

Let me say that it was a great day of wrestling at Blair. Very proud of Baylor for getting the invitation and representing TN as the best team in TN this year!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

It looks like Blair Academy is the Hamilton Heights of wrestling in NJ. What I have read shows Delbarton as the #1 team and St Joseph's as the #2 team in NJ. Does Blair have a post graduate program that does not make them eligible to competed in the NJ state tournament?

A very good showing by Baylor! They should be proud-

Edited by TrustMe
Update
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

Van Ness wrestled just fine against Delbartons 132 in the dual prior to the dual with Baylor.  Blair chose to send Coliaocco out to wrestle 132 and not Van Ness.  

Why can't we as supporters of wrestling in TN, not support each other on the national stage. Why does it have to be an excuse that Baylor won one match against Blair? Why can't you just congratulate the the team on competing with some of the best teams in the country today?  

Let me say that it was a great day of wrestling at Blair. Very proud of Baylor for getting the invitation and representing TN as the best team in TN this year!

I was making commentary about how crazy good Blair is and in no way was I not supporting TN wrestling or knocking Baylor. 

Simple fact is if Blair had wrestled all of their starters and not some of their JV guys against Baylor and the other 3 teams then none of the teams  would have won a single match and the scores would have been much worse. It’s just crazy impressive considering that Baylor and 2 of the other teams are ranked. This isn’t in anyway a knock against Baylor or those teams but just goes to show how crazy good and how much better the Top 5 teams in the country are than the rest of the teams nationally. 

2 years ago Cleveland dualed Sem and had a similar result against them that Baylor had against Blair today.  But, in my opinion TN HS wrestling has gotten significantly better over the past few years which is why Baylor and other TN teams were even invited to compete in the Blair duals. . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, durdon said:

I was making commentary about how crazy good Blair is and in no way was I not supporting TN wrestling or knocking Baylor. 

Simple fact is if Blair had wrestled all of their starters and not some of their JV guys against Baylor and the other 3 teams then none of the teams  would have won a single match and the scores would have been much worse. It’s just crazy impressive considering that Baylor and 2 of the other teams are ranked. This isn’t in anyway a knock against Baylor or those teams but just goes to show how crazy good and how much better the Top 5 teams in the country are than the rest of the teams nationally. 

2 years ago Cleveland dualed Sem and had a similar result against them that Baylor had against Blair today.  But, in my opinion TN HS wrestling has gotten significantly better over the past few years which is why Baylor and other TN teams were even invited to compete in the Blair duals. . 

True in most-all sports....  I know in racquetball, it seems nearly impossible that certain players will ever lose till they meet that one, then that one meets another with similar results. Several tiers till you get to the top.

For Tennessee, traditions help in hot beds. Example, Chattanooga area including Bradley Co... Generational improvement,,, Families' contributing n every way. Dinners spent discussing heart and soul commitment & match strategy in line with coaches, not undermining. 

Father Ryan is much the same from Nashville Catholic on up since the 60's.

Tradition+feeders+Alum are huge factors.

Kudos to those who do not have the hot bed traditions and yet make the top ten year in and year out!!! :thumb:

PA, OH, NY, NJ, MI, IA are all in, and a few others including IL, CA, WI & UT have also become some of those traditionally higher tier areas. 

Also: I've been impressed with a few other hot spots in FL, GA and KY, including most recently Union Co and Buford.

Finally... Girls Wrestling should help with traditional growth around the country. Hat's off to Soddy and The Hill (+others, hello Rossview) for jump starting Tennessee's move toward State sanctioned girls wrestling

Edited by Sommers
  • Like 1