Blair Prep Duals 2020

TrustMe

6 hours ago, Ummmno said:

According to the official results it was a pin. Not a decision.

Well, I watched it live and again this morning...Chittum 7-2. The official results are incorrect. Close throughout, 0-0 after 2nd period. Great match and could have gone either way.

you can watch here as I did this morning:

https://events.locallive.tv/events/guest/35868

It is a little more than half way through.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TrustMe said:

Well, I watched it live and again this morning...Chittum 7-2. The official results are incorrect. Close throughout, 0-0 after 2nd period. Great match and could have gone either way.

Yeah that’s good and all that watched it and all but the official results are what will be written down in the record books. It was a pin not a dec.

Edited by Ummmno

3 hours ago, TrustMe said:

Watch it again.  In the 3rd Chittum opens by cutting Dendy then he quickly takes down Dendy and cradles him to his back and hold him there for a bit then releases him and takes him down again so it’s 7-2 and with about 6 seconds left Chittum turns Dendy again but it was a weird position where Dendy’s feet are in the air and his shoulder blades are flat.  The tall ref is still standing and he starts pointing to the mat and he blows it dead with 1 sec left.  That is when he called the pin.  It’s hard to tell because that ref was to lazy to get on the mat and slap the mat.  I never seen a ref do that before maybe it’s a NJ thing. 

20 minutes ago, TrustMe said:

I have watched again and Dendy just rolled forward and continued with the motion- there was no time to get to the mat. 
starts at 3:56.00

anyway- great match between these two. Fun to watch.

It’s great that you know more than the ref AND the official scores keeper. I’d bet if someone was watching from Trackwrestling to make sure, just in case, there were no errors you now know more than them too.

3 hours ago, Ummmno said:

It’s great that you know more than the ref AND the official scores keeper. I’d bet if someone was watching from Trackwrestling to make sure, just in case, there were no errors you now know more than them too.

So, you think it was a pin? Chittum’s Dad? I just tried to say it was a good match....

I will assume you have not taken the time to watch....

Edited by TrustMe

3 hours ago, durdon said:

Watch it again.  In the 3rd Chittum opens by cutting Dendy then he quickly takes down Dendy and cradles him to his back and hold him there for a bit then releases him and takes him down again so it’s 7-2 and with about 6 seconds left Chittum turns Dendy again but it was a weird position where Dendy’s feet are in the air and his shoulder blades are flat.  The tall ref is still standing and he starts pointing to the mat and he blows it dead with 1 sec left.  That is when he called the pin.  It’s hard to tell because that ref was to lazy to get on the mat and slap the mat.  I never seen a ref do that before maybe it’s a NJ thing. 

It’s nothing more than an idiot table worker that messed up the bout sheet. The pin time that you are talking about would have even been wrong and the time on the “official” bout sheet he wasn’t even close to his back. The final was 7-2 which is why the other referee counted down those final seconds and the way the ref held his arm up his full match not a pin fall.  So someone at the table most likely a student themselves screwed it up and had it as a pin instead of a regular decision. Very good match!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, durdon said:

The ref is pointing at the wrestlers with his right hand (green/Chittum) to show that there was no loss of control or escape. The ref never even thought abt moving in position (get on the mat) for a pin or count nears bc there was no need to. The secondary referee counts down the last few seconds of the match bc the match went the full 6 minutes. Scorekeeper mistake. Match ends 7-2 in favor of Chittum. NO PIN, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

y’all are wild. it was not a pin. the ref didn’t call a pin, because...(drum roll)...it wasn’t. it was a mistake made by a table worker, likely a student, and mistakes happen. it’s all good. great match, and y’all really need to stop taking away from the match itself by arguing over the finish. who cares. chittum won either way, it was a good match. and i guarantee you neither kid gives a crap about whether it was a pin or dec. nor do they care about y’all arguing over it. let it go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1