The future of DII AAA

D23A

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 11:54 AM, OldandBusted said:

If they drop to 2 divisions in private, with Lakeway Christian starting varsity next year, it would be 24 teams in A and 24 teams in AA. It would give the ability to create 3 regions consisting of 8 teams in each. Not sure how even the competition would be. It would decrease the travel for a lot of schools.

Never happen. Your scenario puts almost all the  AA schools in with the  AAA mega programs. Will never get the  votes. There is a reason there are 3 now. Lipscomb, CPA, Webb Knoxville, BGA all wanted to avoid that.

19 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Never happen. Your scenario puts almost all the  AA schools in with the  AAA mega programs. Will never get the  votes. There is a reason there are 3 now. Lipscomb, CPA, Webb Knoxville, BGA all wanted to avoid that.

they want to avoid that and they did.....2 of them avoided it because at the time they had reps on the board voting the original 450 a no go, verses the 530 that was settled on in that deal cuttin event that went down at the Pink Pony Pub that night while the happy hour karaoke contest was goin on

Booger just sayin logo.png

On 1/16/2020 at 9:56 AM, PurplePanther said:

The addition of KC threw some schedules out of whack.  I believe this is the first year that Father Ryan/MBA did not play ever.  This is a long standing rivalry.  Knoxville area is the only part of the division with 1 team!  

Knoxville- 1 team

Chattanooga- 2 teams (Baylor and McCallie) with a possible addition 

Memphis- 4 teams (Briarcrest, MUS, CB, St. Ben...don’t know if anyone would move up

Nashville- 5 teams (MBA, Ensworth, FR, JP2, BA) with maybe 2 moving up

When all said and done, all Nashville Teams won’t play each other, while all Memphis and Chattanooga teams will.  It is the price that is paid for being in the largest area that happens to be in the middle of the state.

OR....Nashville adds 2 teams and plays in one division and everyone else in another division....yeah right...:roflol:

St Elmo's Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly just of Broad Street on Charger Drive in Chattanooga is the only one that could get caught up in a move up......they already should have, but there was a get ought of jail card given to them by the T$$AA

....Luzziane in Memphis would be the only that would move up...only if they wanted to be like BA or Ensworth...cause their numbers want force them up

.....only one pushin the numbers in Nashvile to move up is the Church of Christ School tha are now havin live concerts by Nashvilles recordin artist.....the presbyterians ant bought to make that move...they will cull students before they take on that D2-AAA

....Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 1/16/2020 at 11:54 AM, OldandBusted said:

If they drop to 2 divisions in private, with Lakeway Christian starting varsity next year, it would be 24 teams in A and 24 teams in AA. It would give the ability to create 3 regions consisting of 8 teams in each. Not sure how even the competition would be. It would decrease the travel for a lot of schools.

Spoke with someone who is on the board and this won’t happen. D2 will stay  with three classes for football. 

On 1/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, PurplePanther said:

The addition of KC threw some schedules out of whack.  I believe this is the first year that Father Ryan/MBA did not play ever.  This is a long standing rivalry.  Knoxville area is the only part of the division with 1 team! 

Father Ryan and MBA didn't play in 1995 or 1996. That was during the brief period between 1993 and 1996 when the TSSAA expanded from three to five divisions and FRHS played at the 4A level in 1995 and 1996. I hope the series can be renewed for 2021.

Is it known how the rotation will go with the Nashville split after this upcoming season?

Edited by LouPickney
  • Like 1