AAA rankings

Bump11

mostly good stuff.

who is this warnock kid? wilson central has quite the talent in the system. 

at 113 i don’t know how bradford isn’t 3, maybe even 2. his one real loss is an airtight dec to #1 and arguably one of the top guys p4p, and he scored the first 2 takedowns in that match. i can’t wait to see them battle again. 

126 looks like mcdaniel and then everyone else. he’s just having fun  

138 and heavy look like the same  isbell/coffey and then everyone else  

have mason smith and levi stone wrestled? i vaguely remember mason always having trouble with a WC kid but don’t remember who  

and lastly, i must say, i don’t agree with hunter davis going from unranked to being #1 just by winning a dec over moore. he’s got multiple loses and this is moore’s first. moore also has better wins. rank him yes, but jumping all the way to 1 seems like a stretch.  

all in all, good stuff hamm. keep up the good work!

Edited by Bump11

3 hours ago, Bump11 said:

and lastly, i must say, i don’t agree with hunter davis going from unranked to being #1 just by winning a dec over moore. he’s got multiple loses and this is moore’s first. moore also has better wins. rank him yes, but jumping all the way to 1 seems like a stretch.  

all in all, good stuff hamm. keep up the good work!

At first glance I agree with you on this, but Moore had beaten almost everybody ranked below him so to have him less than 1 means moving Moore down with him. Moore also had previously beaten Seeley who was ranked number 2. Seeley lost to Hughes (Bradley) in their dual, but then beat him in the other semifinal match before getting pinned by Davis in the finals. This is one of those fun weight classes where the ultimate winner could be hiding in the weeds and we don't even know it yet, but as for rankings I think they should work just like seeding meetings, head to head trumps everything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

If you win a tournament that has #1, #2, and #3- and if you yourself beat 2 of the 3, then I think you have a strong argument to be number 1 after that performance.  I have seen him wrestle several times over the last couple of years and will admit his career, including this year, has had several highs and lows, and a lot of close matches filled with plenty of losses.  However, I think he proved this weekend that he does have the ability beat the best kids in the state and could do it again at state.  I've always thought he looked like a tough kid and had great abilities (even in matches he's lost) in the past, so I am happy to see him get some big wins, and hope this means he's really turned a corner to be a top kid himself.

And for any of you that want to argue with me, please re-read what I said and notice some specific word choices.  Did I say I think he will win state? No, I said I think he could.  Did I say he is the top guy and deserves to be #1? No, I just admitted that logically you could make a good argument given his last performance.  I personally believe this weight class may be wide open, and there really isn't a clear cut #1 right now.

Additionally, I have always made a point to never sound like I am insulting a child or speaking bad about them.  By saying I don't think he is a clear cut #1, I think I may be flirting with that territory.  So to be perfectly clear, Hunter- or his parents, if you read this yourself, let me first tell you congrats on the big wins!  Also, I hope you can keep the momentum rolling for the rest of the season and prove you are #1 by winning the state tournament!  I live in Knoxville- Fountain City, and do not have any connections to any specific programs, but have always rooted for Knoxville/Knoxville area kids at state, and if you make the finals this year I will be there rooting for you! 

Edit:

And bump, not trying to argue with your opinion on him either, just felt the need to comment since its a kid I've seen a lot of in the past. 

Edited by sx1234
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1